Glenn Beck Scares Me

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 03:14 pm
Glenn Beck is his own oligarchy -- a big mouth controlled by a little group of brain cells for corrupt and selfish purposes.
JPB

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 03:27 pm
He's laughing all the way to the bank. Do you think he actually believes any of this crap? I don't. He isn't in any way affected by the "programs" that he's inciting his "followers" to rebel against. He's a fear-monger and those who are the most naive and ignorant are most likely to take his **** seriously.
panzade

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 03:31 pm
@JPB,
I have a couple who are very good friends and she begged me to read the book...some book he wrote. He's (Beck)pretty clever and knows how to appeal to the ignorant masses.
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 03:32 pm
@panzade,
then you'll simply love Sarah Palin's Facebook page.
panzade

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 03:36 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
as a matter of fact, she's a strong supporter of Palin. I have stopped discussing current events in order to keep our friendship intact.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 03:40 pm
There's big bucks in right wing hysteria.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 03:46 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

I have a couple who are very good friends and she begged me to read the book...some book he wrote. He's (Beck)pretty clever and knows how to appeal to the ignorant masses.

ignorant masses = Beckbots
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 03:49 pm
@panzade,
I do that too, sometimes.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 04:01 pm
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

farmerman wrote:

dummy misspelled OLIGARCH.

He has the "out of breath" style of delivery down pat.

He said he was missing a letter ... I assumed he meant the "c".

I was wrong.

Laughing
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 04:06 pm
Beckbot MySpace Page

BeckBot Nancy Genovese wrote:
June 18, 2009 - Thursday 8:28 AM

...we the people. I just saw GlennBeck tell it like it is!

Yes, he was firm and he is talking to congress, for all of us.

...we the people. I just saw Glenn Becks show, now on the 2 am show, missed it at 5 PM today.

United we stand, divided we fall.

Please do re post this video.

He is mad as hell and so are we. He is right and so are we.

Partial Transcript
Quote:
We are coming. We will be heard. We will be represented. You think that we are so busy with our lives that we will never come for you. And we were. But now you’ve gone and done it. We are the formally silent majority, all of us. Quietly work, pay our taxes, obey the laws, vote, save money, keep our noses to the grindstone " now looking up at you. You have awakened us, and a patriotic spirit so strong and so powerful. It had been sleeping too long. You have pushed us too far.

Beckbot Busted

August 1, 2009

Quote:
A Long Island mother of three -- armed to the teeth with an assault rifle and shotgun -- was arrested for scouting out and taking pictures of an Air National Guard base in the Hamptons, authorities said.

Suffolk County Undersheriff Joseph Caracappa said Nancy Genovese, 53, of Quogue, was arrested for trespassing outside the Gabreskie Airport ANG facility Thursday night, and Homeland Security and the FBI are also investigating.

Caracappa said Genovese was taking photographs of the perimeter of the base. A search of her car uncovered an arsenal -- an XM-15 assault rifle, a shotgun and 500 rounds of ammunition.

When asked what she was doing, she replied, "Nothing."

"They are registered weapons, but they're scary weapons," said Caracappa. "It's very odd."

He said she had been at the base a few weeks earlier, taking photos and asking questions of the guards.

Genovese, an unemployed single mom with no prior arrest record, was charged with trespassing.

She was arraigned yesterday afternoon at Southampton Town Justice Court, where a judge set bail at $50,000, and then ordered Genovese held for a psychiatric examination after she went berserk in the courtroom.

"She was hysterical -- screaming and flailing around," said Caracappa.

Glenn Beck is scary; his devoted, mindless fans are even MORE scary.
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 04:10 pm
@panzade,
yup, the 2 seem to go hand in hand.

i have a couple of friends that i don't talk politics with either. and some of them are even liberals.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 04:16 pm
@Debra Law,
nice legwork deb, but scary
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 04:22 pm
@Debra Law,
"for every one of us that will be there, there will be several more weaving baskets in the laughing academy".

what an a-hole.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 04:42 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

nice legwork deb, but scary

Not my legwork. I just provided links to materials already being discussed at many sites on the internet.
FreeDuck

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 04:45 pm
@Debra Law,
What was the connection between the woman and Beck? I didn't see it in the article.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 04:47 pm
@FreeDuck,
FreeDuck wrote:

What was the connection between the woman and Beck? I didn't see it in the article.

First link - she was an avid Glenn Beck fan and had a fan page for him.

Cycloptichorn
FreeDuck

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 04:49 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Ah, thanks. I only looked at the second.
panzade

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 04:51 pm
@FreeDuck,
i did the same...then caught it
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 04:53 pm
Glenn Beck

The hot new mob leader of 2009.

By Troy Patterson
April 23, 2009

http://img.slate.com/media/1/123125/122958/2207904/2215529/090423_TV_BeckTN.jpg

Quote:
The Glenn Beck Program is an ever-growing bubble of current-events commentary burped up five nights a week on Fox News at 5 p.m. ET. I urge you to check it out. Bottom-barrel demagogy of this intensity is rarely available in one's living room, unless one's roommate is Huey Long.
Debra Law

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 04:57 pm
@FreeDuck,
FreeDuck wrote:

You didn't see the connection? The article clearly noted that she had to be dragged out of the courtroom and committed for a psychiatric exam.

I don't know if the best team of doctors in the world can possibly remove all the lunatic fringe stuff that Glenn Beck has implanted in her brain.
0 Replies