E Mails From My Right Wing Buddy

DrewDad

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2009 08:34 am
@panzade,
http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/2008/10/30/59166.html

Quote:
Arab Americans, once pretty evenly split between Republicans and Democrats, have been migrating to the Democrat side of the aisle in the wake of post-Sept. 11 policies that scapegoat and profile them.

Muslim shift left

The reversal has been even more pronounced among Muslim Americans, who were staunchly Republican and voted overwhelmingly for Bush in 2000 (42 percent compared to 31 percent for his Democrat rival Al Gore according to a Zogby International poll).

But after three years of Bush’s ‘war on terror’ Muslims have also left the GOP in droves with a mere seven percent saying they would vote to re-elect Bush compared to 68 percent who backed Democrat John Kerry, according to another Zogby poll.

engineer

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2009 08:52 am
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

you really think a majority of Muslims though out the world see the saving of Kuwait as a positive thing?

Yes. Kuwait is Sunni and Iraq was essentially secular. Saddam was not loved by the Arab world.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2009 08:52 am
@DrewDad,
thanks dad and engineer
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 09:14 am
This weeks e mails brought a message to Americans that welfare reform is what is really needed. Maybe the supposed savings from cutting the welfare rolls would underwrite the cost of insuring the uninsured

Quote:

THE JOB - URINE TEST

(Whoever wrote this one deserves a HUGE pat on the back!)

Like most folks in this country, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck in my case, I am required to pass a random urine test (with which I have no problem).. What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test.

So, here is my Question: Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their ass - doing drugs, while I work. . . . Can you imagine how much money each state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

I guess we could title that program, 'Urine or You're Out'.

Pass this along if you agree or simply delete if you don't. Hope you all will pass it along, though. Some thing has to change in this country -- and soon

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 09:19 am
@panzade,
Somebody was digging in their 1994 inbox and forwarded this one by mistake.
panzade

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 09:26 am
@FreeDuck,
does seem to be an antique
FreeDuck

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 09:33 am
@panzade,
Everything old is new again. It's as if we never had that massive welfare reform in the 90s. Suddenly, the biggest problem facing America is, once again, poor people. Somebody couldn't even be bothered to pen new opposition ideas.
panzade

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 09:44 am
@FreeDuck,
That's why I'm posting these e mails. I want to get a sense of what people are thinking...especially the cons..there's a lot of frustration out there...and a lot of it is misguided.

I live in a Yayhoo area full of cowboys and Indians and I have to bite my tongue constantly with a lot of good friends.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 09:46 am
@panzade,
Iroquois?
FreeDuck

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 09:50 am
@panzade,
If I recall correctly where you live, we drove through there this summer. It's quite beautiful in places, but I felt something like I feel when I drive through my own home town (a bit north from there). It's hard to explain so I'll just say that I know what you're talking about.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 09:52 am
@Rockhead,
Seminoles
Rockhead

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 09:54 am
@panzade,
ewww...

and Gators?
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 01:41 pm
@panzade,
great! starting with rush limbaugh.
panzade

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 03:12 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
and Gators?

http://ddpops.com/images/floridalogo.jpg

REPEAT!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 03:13 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
what's the scoop on his drug habit...is he cured?
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 03:50 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

what's the scoop on his drug habit...is he cured?

i doubt it. i've never heard that there's a cure for narcotics addiction, or alcohol addiction. some have succeeded in restraining themselves from actively using though.

but as much high talk as comes out of rush's mouth, i can't imagine he's got a clear thought process going on. Laughing

0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 03:56 pm
bookmark
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 04:03 pm
I was supposed to guess what this was

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/2816/adultcon.jpg
panzade

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 04:06 pm
They're gonna take away our guns!!!!

Quote:
a must read

Bill will require us to put on our 2009 1040 federal tax form all guns we have

Check this out - Hard to believe!!
HOW ABOUT THIS ONE BOYS AND GIRLS??? ABSOLUTELY MIND BOGGLING --- AND SEEMINGLY NO END IN SIGHT.

Senate Bill SB-2099 will require us to put on our 2009 1040 federal tax form all guns that you have or own. It may require fingerprints and a tax of $50 per gun.

The bill was introduced on Feb. 24th and will become public knowledge 30 days after it is voted into law.. This is an amendment to the Internal Revenue Act of 1986. This means that the Finance Committee can pass this without the Senate voting on it at all..

The full text of the proposed amendment is on the U.S. Senate homepage

You can find it by doing a search by the bill number, SB-2099. http://ron.dotson.net/guns/sb2099.htm

You know whom to call; I strongly suggest you do. Please send a copy of this e-mail to every gun owner you know to help STOP this bill !!!

0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 04:11 pm
@panzade,
I think that is Glenn Becks plan to save the Republic! (I love it when two threads come together).