annis

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2009 03:11 pm
needing to keep safe and needing to keep going. At times it is hard and keeping myself in the positive. Today I have been up and down, the down's are hard to cope with. Some of you know me and others may not. I just need to keep myself in the positive but that is sometimes the difficult bit. Lots of things going on and they are both good and bad. I feel alone the majority of the time, I take myself off into a city and there are people all around and yet I know I am alone and the overwhelming feeling is sometimes so great to cope with.

Had a fantastic holiday, a few blips with someone, I am not one to argue and yet it happened, I was defending my child and that is close to my heart of course.

Why am I writing again, I don't know, thought I had got hold of these negative feelings but sometimes they materialise when I least expect them. You know life is what you make it, I know that, am trying, really am, but am in a lonely place at the moment. But hey tomorrow is another time and maybe another place. X
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,450 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2009 03:14 pm
@annis,
I know from lonely sometimes.

chin up, eh?

what the heck didja do to your foot???

as to sanity, the jury is still out yet.

I still have an abundance of S-boy hugs, iff'n you would like one...
annis

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2009 03:43 pm
@Rockhead,
hey Rh

Foot stood on it wrongly, it got better and then went again when I was walking in the rainforest. it is now swollen and I have to have an ankle support!

and yes I could do with several hugs! X
mismi

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2009 04:01 pm
@annis,
Tulip...over the last year you have dealt with so much - and admirably so. It is to be expected that you would have these low points. But you have kept your chin up for your kids, you go to school, you take vacations, you live. And it's not easy. I am sorry you feel alone. But please know that you can come here - PM me...e-mail me and you know Izzie loves you and would do whatever for you.

I am here and I hear. ((Tulip)) I can't even begin to imagine how you feel and what you have gone through. But I will say that I am so amazed at your strength. It is a beautiful thing...just like you. Thoughts and prayers. x
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2009 04:19 pm
the third book of the Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy has this to say about sanity

Life, The Universe and Everything
excerpt from Chapter 2

"I will go mad!" he announced.

"Good idea," said Ford Prefect, clambering down from the rock on which he had been sitting.

Arthur's brain somersaulted. His jaw did press-ups.

"I went mad for a while," said Ford, "did me no end of good."

"You see," said Ford, "" ..."

"Where have you been?" interrupted Arthur, now that his head had finished working out.

"Around," said Ford, "around and about." He grinned in what he accurately judged to be an infuriating manner. "I just took my mind off the hook for a bit. I reckoned that if the world wanted me badly enough it would call back. It did."

He took out of his now terribly battered and dilapidated satchel his Sub-Etha Sens-O-Matic.

"At least," he said, "I think it did. This has been playing up a bit." He shook it. "If it was a false alarm I shall go mad," he said, "again."

Arthur shook his head and sat down. He looked up.

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply.

"So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Arthur cleared his throat, and then did it again.

"Where," he said, "did you ...?"

"Find a gin and tonic?" said Ford brightly. "I found a small lake that thought it was a gin and tonic, and jumped in and out of that. At least, I think it thought it was a gin and tonic."

"I may," he added with a grin which would have sent sane men scampering into trees, "have been imagining it."

He waited for a reaction from Arthur, but Arthur knew better than that.

"Carry on," he said levelly.

"The point is, you see," said Ford, "that there is no point in driving yourself mad trying to stop yourself going mad. You might just as well give in and save your sanity for later."

"And this is you sane again, is it?" said Arthur. "I ask merely for information."

"I went to Africa," said Ford.

"Yes?"

"Yes."

"What was that like?"

"And this is your cave is it?" said Ford.

"Er, yes," said Arthur. He felt very strange. After nearly four years of total isolation he was so pleased and relieved to see Ford that he could almost cry. Ford was, on the other hand, an almost immediately annoying person.

"Very nice," said Ford, in reference to Arthur's cave. "You must hate it."

Arthur didn't bother to reply.

"Africa was very interesting," said Ford, "I behaved very oddly there."

He gazed thoughtfully into the distance.

"I took up being cruel to animals," he said airily. "But only," he added, "as a hobby."

"Oh yes," said Arthur, warily.

"Yes," Ford assured him. "I won't disturb you with the details because they would -"

"What?"

"Disturb you. But you may be interested to know that I am singlehandedly responsible for the evolved shape of the animal you came to know in later centuries as a giraffe. And I tried to learn to fly. Do you believe me?"

"Tell me," said Arthur.

"I'll tell you later. I'll just mention that the Guide says ..."

"The ...?"

"Guide. The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy. You remember?"

"Yes. I remember throwing it in the river."

"Yes," said Ford, "but I fished it out."

"You didn't tell me."

"I didn't want you to throw it in again."

"Fair enough," admitted Arthur. "It says?"

"What?"

"The Guide says?"

"The Guide says there is an art to flying," said Ford, "or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." He smiled weakly. He pointed at the knees of his trousers and held his arms up to show the elbows. They were all torn and worn through.

"I haven't done very well so far," he said.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2009 09:05 pm
@annis,
love you L - keep going hun - be home soon - we'll go climb a Tor!

Will leave you talking here when you need to... there's folk here who are listening to you... talk to 'em girl when you can

x

0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2009 09:22 pm
@annis,
annis wrote:

needing to keep safe and needing to keep going.

exactly right. As hard as that seems sometimes, it's exactly right.

Quote:
Today I have been up and down, the down's are hard to cope with. Some of you know me and others may not. I just need to keep myself in the positive but that is sometimes the difficult bit. Lots of things going on and they are both good and bad. I feel alone the majority of the time, I take myself off into a city and there are people all around and yet I know I am alone and the overwhelming feeling is sometimes so great to cope with.

I can understand the desire to be surrounded by people. They're a distraction and if you don't think about things too hard you can forget for a minute. I understand that but I also think each of us is alone for much of the time. I'm not diminishing your loss or pain, but at the end of the day each of us needs to be able to be comfortable in our own skin and with our own selves as our best friend and companion.

Quote:
Had a fantastic holiday, a few blips with someone, I am not one to argue and yet it happened, I was defending my child and that is close to my heart of course.

I'm very glad to hear that you had a nice time. I hope you have many more such moments soon.

Quote:
Why am I writing again, I don't know, thought I had got hold of these negative feelings but sometimes they materialise when I least expect them. You know life is what you make it, I know that, am trying, really am, but am in a lonely place at the moment. But hey tomorrow is another time and maybe another place. X

Writing is a wonderful cathartic way to channel those thoughts out of your head. Even if it only works sometimes, you can release the thoughts through your keyboard or pen and actually let them go. Not always, not yet, but sometimes. I hope you keep writing.
mismi

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2009 09:42 pm
@JPB,
Me too Tulip - keep writing...know we are hearing and thinking of you.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2009 12:42 pm
@annis,
getting reset in a schedule, and wishing I were in a rain forest (walking carefully, of course)

Ima try and take some pix of my butterfly explosion for the brits on tour, before they all go 'way. (now at least I know what ate all my hibiscuses, and is munching through my parsley at a fierce rate)

I feel rather as I do when I take gram to church when I post on a thread called sanity... Confused
Tryagain

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2009 02:16 pm
Tulip, Izzie is right; go when you can to the Isle of Avalon and climb Glastonbury Tor, follow the leylines and the winds of the Wicca will guide you for your story is far from told. There are many chapters still to unfold and much to delight you.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2009 02:46 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead said:
Quote:
I feel rather as I do when I take gram to church when I post on a thread called sanity

sane?

Tulip - thinking of you today...
Try that was quite sweet...so amazing sometimes.
0 Replies

annis

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 10:10 am
thank you all for responding, Yep you know I will keep going and keep doing, such are things.

Just had some difficult things to cope with and am still coping with. Guilt of things I can not speak about at the moment, anxiety, tension, like all of us! You are all wonderful and it is great to know you are there. Not on talking terms with sister in law still - oh don't care about that! just annoying for my children sake. S girl says she hates her!

Decided to pour myself a whisky and lemonade and it is only 5pm here! Oh dear!

My ankle is alittle better but still painful.

Went out last night to a wedding do, don't like going in on my own but did it and it was ok. Had to leave S girl and F boy alone, but they were fine. Did go out before to meet someone but that is very complicated and just adds to stress.

But hey you know me, I'll get out of these moods soon, I hope.

Set up my summerhouse with my massage couch and oils and stuff, put curtains up at the windows and it looks ok.

Miss the heat of Oz and the layed back feel there, maybe I should emigrate, no too old now! They don't want to accept anyone over 45 and I'm 45, oh dear!

Any way best go see to tea.

Thankyou everyone for being you and keeping me sane! Well as sane as I can get at the present time.
Kisses and hugs X
0 Replies