Awesome Homeless signs

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2009 05:22 pm
Some of these signs took some thought.
I would give money to some of them, especially the one that bets you cant hit him with a quarter.

http://www.holytaco.com/25-awsome-homeless-guy-signs
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 5,207 • Replies: 13
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2009 06:11 pm
I'd prolly give each of those guys $1.
Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2009 06:50 pm
@mysteryman,
Awsome. I'm sure I've seen some of these guys myself and I have certainly donated to the United Negro Pizza Fund. When he asked for the donation, I was standing in line in front of MOMA in NYC (This was the old MOMA before the lengthy redo). I cracked up when he asked in that way. He had no sign then. I think NY cops frown on large signs like that. Which is why a lot of NY hoboes end up in San Francisco where they hardly get hassled at all. I know 'cause I've had lengthy colloquies with some of them. You'd be surprised how many SF tramps just got off the freight from the East Coast. Word gets around.
0 Replies

phoebe4

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2014 06:06 pm
@dyslexia,
I'll give them $2
0 Replies

zhogan37

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2019 05:32 pm
Try using government programs or local religious aid and charities to get necessary supplies and money, and also go to local traveling shelters that travel locally to different housing places so you will always be supplied for. I am praying for you.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2019 09:53 am
http://www.drollnation.com/gallery/2014/10/creative-homeless-signs-10-28-2014-5.jpg
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2019 03:12 pm
http://funnypicsonly.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Funny-and-Creative-Homeless-Signs-24.jpg
chai2

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2019 05:02 pm
@coluber2001,
Honestly? I see guys with those kinds of alcohol related signs all over, and I think it takes away from the true needs of those that are homeless. Not so much that they offend me (although they do), but it offends those who are in real need.

I don’t think turning something that could be a real problem for someone into drunk joke, or one threatening violence (yeah I saw the guy had no legs) makes it just that much harder for others.

0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2019 01:01 pm
https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/3245.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=640
chai2

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2019 01:05 pm
@coluber2001,
Now that's cool.

Look which ones gave the most.

0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2019 05:16 pm
@coluber2001,
If you look at it as a poll of the generosity of various sects of religions, then it looks like the atheists and agnostics and Buddhists are the most generous. But then we interpret it to favor our own identity. We might say, look the agnostics and atheists are the most generous, but the Buddhists might say they're proportionately the most generous because there are far fewer Buddhists than atheists and agnostics. But it is disturbing how little the Christians gave.

If I were to stumble across him I'd probably have to distribute the money more evenly. I put some in for the Buddhist, some for the spiritual, and some for the pagan, and I'd have to put some in for the Christian just to make them look a little better. That homeless guy would love to see me coming.
chai2

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2019 07:46 pm
@coluber2001,
Yeah but then he would just redistribute the money in the bowls the way he wanted it. Wink

If he had a bowl for apatheist, that’s where my money would go. I just can’t muster up enough energy for all out agnosticism or atheism.

I sure wouldn’t put anything in the Christian bowl. They’ve got a big enough lobby, and anyway, why would you want to skew the reality of the situation? If a group wants to look better, they need to do better, not rely on others to feel sorry for them.

I’m a hard woman.
coluber2001

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2019 09:24 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Yeah but then he would just redistribute the money in the bowls the way he wanted it. Wink

Bit of a cynic, eh?
chai2

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2019 09:56 pm
@coluber2001,
I’m more than a bit of a skeptic, and a realist.

Appearances are deceiving.
0 Replies