What's the Human Race's Obsession with Virginity?

Muarck

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2009 12:44 pm
I have an interesting discussion starter: what's our obsession with virginity? I was going to say what's our culture's obsession with virginity? but really I can't think of many cultures that weren't obsessed with it. Prominent in the Bible, in the Koran, it was defended to the death in Medieval culture, I think it still is today in some Arab nations, kids make such a big deal of it in highschool, everybody wants to do a virgin... Oh, and Memoirs of a Geisha, remember all the rich dignitaries trying to by the lead character's virginity? Add to that this is all true of female virginity but really much or much at all in males. What's up?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,036 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2009 01:36 pm
@Muarck,
Isn't it obvious?

Painful blowjobs that leave toothmarks. An overly conservative attitude toward certain positions/maneuvers. Weeping. Your own festering concern, post-defloration, that her inexperience will make her itch with curiousity about other men.

What's not to like?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2009 03:48 pm
@Muarck,
Our species' prime directive -- continue your own genetic line. A man who has sex with a virgin "knows" that any resulting pregnancy is because of him.
dlowan

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2009 04:58 pm
@sozobe,
Yep....what she said.

Note....the obsession is with FEMALE virginity.
BillRM

Reply Wed 19 Aug, 2009 05:12 pm
@dlowan,
Of course it is female not male virginity that is of concern as you know for sure who the mother happen to be but before DNA tests there was always some question of who the father happen to be.

No male like to wear horns and spend resources on someone else offsprings unless that was the upfront deal going into the relationship.

I was amused as there was even a movement I think from down under to stop DNA testings of children unless it was with the mothers permissions.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2009 07:52 am
There is a saying in Hawaii: It's a wise man who knows who his father is.
0 Replies