Whats going on if i have pregnancy symptoms yet no positive in a home pregnancy test?

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 10:45 am
Hi. My name is Tiffany, i am 20 years old and I have a few concerns with in myself that I hope you will be able to help me figure out. I use to have a really regular period that was heavy and lasted 7-8 days but as of February I was 2 weeks late and when I did get it, it was really light and only lasted 3 days. Since then I have had a light period every month around the same time but from early march I've been tired all the time and for a while I felt sick with certain foods, get hiccups from time to time and have had a few sytmpoms related to pregnancy. I have taken about 16-20 home pregnancy test and all have come out negative the most recent this morning and I have had two blood test and a urine test done a few months ago at the planned parenthood. I am sexually active and did have both unprotected and protected sex. I was a pretty thin person around february but as of lately i have gotten a bit of a belly and family members have
contiunely asked me if i was expecting and my answer is no because of the negatives. Can there be something wrong with me?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,238 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 11:33 am
@greenstraws23,
Have you had a complete physical? There could be something else that is wrong with you - these symptons could something besides pregnancy.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 11:39 am
@greenstraws23,
greenstraws23 wrote:
Since then I have had a light period every month around the same time but from early march I've been tired all the time and for a while I felt sick with certain foods, get hiccups from time to time

<snip>

Can there be something wrong with me?

Have you been to a family doctor for a full physical? you've described symptoms (including a bloated belly) of a number of possible conditions. Get the doc to check you out.
Linkat

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 11:45 am
@ehBeth,
I beat you to it.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2009 01:02 pm
@greenstraws23,
Did you go on any new medications in January/February or stop using one? Not just medications related to birth control but any changes to your medications whatsoever?

I agree with the others that you should get an exam by an obgyn. Make sure you ask them to rule out an extra-uterine pregnancy. An ectopic pregnancy in the fallopian tubes would have caused significant pain by now, but it is possible for a fetus to develop in areas other than the uterus or tubes resulting in lower levels of HCG that may not be detected by urine tests and low quantitation in blood tests.

Or, it may be any number of other things - all best ruled out by an ultra sound.

Good luck!

0 Replies