Is the pathological lying and cheating of this man going to change for ANY woman?

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 10:38 am
Is the pathological lying and cheating of this man a personality disorder?
Does this man this a personality disorder maybe-is my ex a psychopath?
What would you say about this man 40 years old, I was with for almost 2 years (I am 28). He wanted an exclusive, serious relationship that would lead somewhere with me.

Then I found out he had 2 more exclusive serious relationships, one in Europe and one here.

One of the girlsfound me of FB and we spoke to each other and he kept making the same promises for the futureto the both of us

. On top of it he lied about the houses he owned (never owned anything and lives paying rent), spends money like crazy on trips, to lease expensive cars out of his budget, and maybe does coke on occasion in Miami and Ibiza when he goes. He also lied about his age in the beginning to the both of us.

He can sleep with one of us and act like he is so in love...and like a little boy in need of love one night, and then the same thing with another one of us.

He also has an online profile on still!!! The girl in Italy and I dumped him but he is still with girl #3 and who knows who else.

So pathological lying, cheating, cannot commit, drinks a lot when he goes out, and maybe does some coke on occassion.

Could this be a personality disorder???

Will this man commit to any woman???

Or is he just going to cheat all the time? I mean, the other girl and I dumped him and he is left with the other one-do you think he is going to commit to anyone now?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,059 • Replies: 6
No top replies

panzade

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 11:27 am
@Sabrina81,
3 threads in 4 weeks about this dirt bag?
100% agreement that you should move on?
What is it you don't understand sistah?
0 Replies

MagicBlackCat

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 11:30 am
@Sabrina81,
Sabrina81 wrote:

Yes, it could be but diagnosing it does not make any difference in his behavior.

No. Run, run away. Forget about him.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 01:05 pm
The answer to your question posed in the title is "no."
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 04:25 pm
Yeah, right, a WOMAN is going to change him.

Tell me, are you upset that you got dupped? Or because he is still conning one of the 3?

By the way there is no such thing as "several exclusive relationships."

Stop wondering WHY about this guy.

HOW is fascinating, however.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 04:58 pm
Without reading the body of the post, the direct answer to your title question is already known : People change their character for themselves, not for other people (ie. the answer to your question is, No)

That applies to men and women...though many women fall into the trap of believing this is not true...it is.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 05:16 pm
@Sabrina81,
Sabrina81 wrote:

Is the pathological lying and cheating of this man a personality disorder?

No, but obsessing about him isn't too healthy either.
Sabrina81 wrote:
Does this man this a personality disorder maybe-is my ex a psychopath?

See above.
Sabrina81 wrote:
What would you say about this man 40 years old, I was with for almost 2 years (I am 28). He wanted an exclusive, serious relationship that would lead somewhere with me.

He got away with it for 2 years with you, possibly longer with others. And you're pissed, but really. You're creeping me out.
Sabrina81 wrote:

Maybe. I think you're angry 'cause that woman won't be you.

Sabrina81 wrote:
Or is he just going to cheat all the time? I mean, the other girl and I dumped him and he is left with the other one-do you think he is going to commit to anyone now?

Who cares? You're not going out any more. Does the phrase so what mean anything to you?

Sorry to seem flip and nasty, but really, move on already.
0 Replies