EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2012 06:37 am
@jcboy,
He's adorable!
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2012 12:50 pm
@jcboy,
What a cutie!! I hope the people who abandoned him didn't have kids. I can imagine they're pretty heart-broken about now, but I definitely think Paco is better off with you three...or five, now lol.
sozobe

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2012 01:01 pm
@jcboy,
Aw, puppy tummy!!

How's Mac doing?
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2012 03:05 pm
I took him into the vet today, he had to be de-wormed so the Vet thought he hadn’t had his shots because normally they de-worm at the same time, so now’s he’s vaccinated! The Vet thinks he’s about three and a half months old, Sheppard mix.

He’s actually getting along with the other dogs just fine, Mac gets a little ticked at him because Paco likes jumping on him and biting his ears lol.
Cool
jcboy

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2012 06:27 pm
@jcboy,
The new pup is Antonio’s responsibility and he’s doing very well with it. I bought Paco a collar and a leash and Antonio was teaching him how to walk on the leash in the backyard.

So far Paco seems to be housebroken, I took him out late last night before going to bed then first thing this morning, he was fine.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2012 06:48 pm
@Irishk,
They did have kids, two little girls, poor kids, must be missing this little guy now.
jcboy

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2012 06:51 pm
@ehBeth,
Mac is okay with him, well the dogs have their own back yard but we let Paco in Antonio's yard, we have put them together, they are fine, the big dog Frankie loves him, Mac being the alpha female and first dog just kind of ignores him now but we won't leave the pup alone with them, not now, he's much too young and they like to wrestle and play rough.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2012 06:54 pm
@jcboy,
I'm glad he's getting along this well with Mac and Frankie., and of course, Antonio.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2012 07:05 pm
@jcboy,
He's a lovely little dog with that wonderful puppy belly. Paco and Antonio are both very lucky that you're there to help them bond and develop their own mini-pack.

It's great that he's making it through the night without having to go out.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2012 07:15 pm
We love him already! Cool

I’ve only had one dog before getting Mac and Frankie. When I was a kid my parents got me a black Char Pei, I named her Munchkin. At night she sleep on the floor by my bed, I use to put the leash on her and clip it to my bed post, I could hear her get up in the middle of the night when she wanted to go out, they don’t like to do their business where they sleep, I remember having to get up in the middle of the night to take her out, that only lasted about two weeks then she was housebroken and never did her business in the house.

She only lived to be eight years old, those poor dogs have many medical problems, she was like a guard dog for me but didn’t like anyone else! When we had to take her to the Vet they use to make us wait in the car and the Vet would actually come out in the parking lot to give her a shot. She didn’t get along with people or other animals at all!
EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2012 09:33 am
@jcboy,
Last month one of the girls here at the shop got a little puppy, she took him for his shots but it was too late, died of parvo.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2012 10:20 am
http://www.cesarsway.com/dogbehavior/funnyvideos/Experience-the-Dog-Park-from-the-Dog-POV
This is a great video of dogs playing in the dog park. On Cesar Milan's site. I can't figure out how to upload a non-youtube video.. Sorry.

This video is exactly what I'd imagine my Murphy's experience is like. He's part great dane..
ossobuco

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2012 12:31 pm
@Ceili,
Going to look at your video link now, Ceili.

Meantime, I was just starting to look at this slide show and figure others will like it too -
The Puppy Bowl: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/article?f=/g/a/2012/01/30/puppy_bowl_lineup.DTL&object
0 Replies

Sloan

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2012 12:36 pm
@jcboy,
You boys have three dogs now? Remind me to watch where I step next time I visit!
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2012 07:51 pm
Paco isn’t happy when he’s put in his crate, but take his bed out and put it on the floor and he’s a happy little camper.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg442/scaled.php?server=442&filename=pup11.jpg&res=medium
ehBeth

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2012 08:14 pm
@jcboy,
He really is a gorgeous little dog ... and of course his bed coordinates with his colouring!

Nothing like a happy puppy, except maybe a happy old dog.
jcboy

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2012 08:18 pm
@ehBeth,
He is a little cutie, I had to lie out a large old blanket around the floor incase he does get up in the middle of the night to do his business. So far he hasn’t. I’ll wake him up before going to bed and let him out. I get up at 5 am so I let him out first thing, he goes in the smaller yard and the other two go in their yard.

I’m going to have to pick up another doghouse after work tomorrow!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2012 08:37 pm
@jcboy,
He might have been kept in the crate too long by his previous owners.
Happened to our dog we picked up from the animal shelter, so we never put her in a crate, it was too traumatizing for her.

Paco is adorable and Antonio must be thrilled to have him as a friend.
jcboy

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2012 08:58 pm
@CalamityJane,
That’s what we were thinking, he really doesn’t like being in his crate, cries when you lock him up.

Antonio loves him to death and he’s learning how to take care of him, and he’s doing a great job! Antonio feeds him in the morning and makes sure his water dish is full before leaving for school, he can’t wait to get home to see him!

Paco is now out of his own bed and sleeping next to Antonio.
Cool
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2012 07:45 pm

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x336/RegionPhilbis/keepingchairwarm.jpg