jcboy

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2012 08:01 pm
@Region Philbis,
Is he one of yours? he is a little cutie, our little Paco I have a feeling is going to be huge, he has big feet! Cool
ossobuco

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2012 08:19 pm
@jcboy,
Tic, tic, tic, some obedience training is foreseen in the future here...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2012 05:50 am
@jcboy,

unfortunately, no.

someday... Smile
jcboy

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2012 07:51 pm
@Region Philbis,
Someday yes!

Paco is one happy little pup! Cool

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg862/scaled.php?server=862&filename=pup12.jpg&res=medium
ossobuco

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 05:08 pm
@jcboy,
What a love dog..

on other news, I think I'm very happy about this:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/02/04/BAG11N299L.DTL

Protests spur park service to rethink dog policies
Peter Fimrite, Chronicle Staff Writer
Saturday, February 4, 2012

clip from article -
Rover may yet get a reprieve in areas of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area where dogs were going to get the heave-ho.

Park service representatives announced this week they are going to reconsider their dog policies after 4,713 people commented on the first edition of the park's proposed dog management plan, a two-volume, 2,700-page tome that would essentially ban man's best friend in many areas where he now runs free.

The supplemental plan will consider the ideas and suggestions offered by citizens - the vast majority of whom evidently opposed further restrictions on dogs - and come up with a new, improved proposal by the end of the summer.

"We received many, many substantive comments that suggested changes, which motivated us to evaluate the comments we received and look at ways to improve the plan," said Howard Levitt, the recreation area's director of communications and partnerships. "There were some excellent suggestions among the 4,700, and because of the strength, depth and substance of those comments, we are going to issue a supplemental plan."

lots more, see article

That isn't where I went with the Pacc, but a bit similar, Crissy Field.
Here's me and Pacco when we both were chubbier (and he alive), the Golden Gate Bridge in the background. I used to stop in or near San Francisco on my trips south from northern california.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/ossobuco/ossopaccoatCrissyField2003086.jpg?t=1268091058
jcboy

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 07:32 pm
@ossobuco,
Awe such a cute photo. My neighbor in CA had two Corgi’s, can’t remember their names at the moment.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 07:38 pm
@jcboy,
Remember the names, I wanna know.

That jacket, I still have it. It's a Lanvin, from the salvation army store in Santa Monica. The shoulders are silly. Maybe that'll come back in style, things do.

I'm thinner now and still wear the jacket in of all places, Albuquerque. So it goes.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 07:50 pm
@ossobuco,
I'm glad they are thinking about revising their policies on restricting dogs.

You and your Pacco look like you were happy to be out together. It's a nice photo, osso. Smile
ossobuco

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 08:00 pm
@firefly,
Thanks. I'm not happy I had that dog leash contraption between my knees, nice!, especially since one of those later broke and I don't trust them, but also that is not my usual posture. Whatever, it's me and the pacc and the bridge.
firefly

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 08:15 pm
@ossobuco,
The leash handle between your knees just seems rather natural.

I also used that type of leash at one time, particularly when I used a harness on my dog, because it was so much less restrictive for her. I wound up not trusting them either. Mine never broke, but there were times it just wouldn't retract when the reel was fully extended, and that became a real pain. It also wasn't very comfortable in the hand. I've still got it somewhere in the hall closet, but I have no desire to use it any more.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 08:24 pm
@firefly,
But... I ended up preferring the harness to various collars, that worked best in my anecdotal experience. Pacco was usually mr. obedient, but he had a scimatar surge mode.
jcboy

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 08:38 pm
@ossobuco,
hehehe, I remember now, it was Tiger and Daisy, she had them for a while, they were older dogs. Very Happy
ossobuco

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 08:46 pm
@jcboy,
Ok, then, you get to hop to the next step...
jcboy

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2012 07:37 am
@ossobuco,
Cathleen bought the condo next door to me when I lived in CA. The sales team said it was okay for her to have two dogs even thou the HOA rules said you could have one dog and one cat but not two dogs. Just before I moved the HOA was trying to make her get rid of one of the dogs, she wasn’t about to, not sure what ever become of it but last I heard she had to hire an attorney.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2012 06:52 pm
@jcboy,
awwww. Sympathy for her.
jcboy

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2012 08:03 pm
@ossobuco,
Paco refuses to sleep in his own bed, he can’t sleep unless he’s next to Antonio.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg546/scaled.php?server=546&filename=pup14.jpg&res=medium
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2012 09:16 am
Just seen this new word at the Urban Dictionary:
Quote:
Puppirazzi
The inevitable and almost instantaneous gaggle of pre- pubescent girls who show up whenever a puppy (or infant of any animal) is brought out in public.

The Puppirazzi usually form a small adoringly menacing circle around the overwhelmed pup, each trying to both get its attention and devour its cuteness at the same time.

Expect frenzied amounts of competing "Awwwww's" and "He's soooooo cute!" and "what's his name?" and "can I hold him?", etc.

I tried walking little Luna to the soccer field to watch the kids' game, but didn't get far as we were immediately mobbed by the Puppirazzi from the nearby school.

by mikeyfire on Jan 20, 2012

tags: puppies, groupies, papparazzi, puppyrazzi, chick magnet, princess di, flash mobs
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2012 01:05 pm
Cute commercial...
firefly

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2012 01:15 pm
@firefly,
Two more...

I love this one Laughing
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2012 04:00 pm
One more...
Quote:
In Bud Light's "Here Weego" ad, the world's greatest dog fetches beer upon hearing his name Weego (as in "here Weego"). Wonder dog can also roll a keg, by the way. Best of all? Weego isn't some pedigree -- he's a mutt! A rescue dog, as made clear in the beginning and end of the commercial.

In fact, this commercial is as much an ad for helping shelter dogs, as it is for Bud Light. At the end of the spot, Weego is pushing a styrofoam cooler that says "Help Rescue Dogs" and directs viewers to Bud Light's Facebook page. Once there, you learn that Weego is a rescue himself. From shelter dog to Super Bowl star, Weego (and Bud Light) is now helping other dogs. For every "like" Weego receives, Bud Light will donate one dollar (up to $250,000) to ARF, Tony La Russa's Animal Rescue Foundation.

0 Replies