Irony

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 12:44 pm
Yes, we knew they believed this I just didn't realize they'd publically claim as it being so

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20031009/ts_nm/religion_condoms_dc_1

hah If anyone would know, it would be the Catholic Church.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 636 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 02:37 am
His Holiness has become an expert on the percentages of holiness of condoms?

Hopefully, the folk are smart enough to think for themselves and rationalize that any percentage of protection from a condom is better then none at all; that is if they are even offered the option of choice by their partners/rapists.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 07:40 am
Problem is, among the uneducated in third world countries, the Church's word is supremely authoritative.

Condoms are resisted by many in such countries already. The fact that condoms DO prevent many cases of AIDS doesn't appear to be as important to the Vatican as their moral stance against promiscuity and birth control.

This is a gross abuse of power.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 07:46 am
Let us assume, for the sake of argument, that the church is correct that condoms are not a fail-safe method of combatting AIDS and other STDs. Even if they sometimes prevent people from becoming ill, would not condoms still have a positive advantage for people?

I would love to be a fly on the wall in the Vatican. I would love to know what is the church's REAL agenda!!!
0 Replies