tweengasmic pleasure ?

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 07:30 pm

Same stank faces = same (boring yet funny) faces?
tweengasmic pleasure = teenager-styled pleasure?

Context:

'New Moon," Same Stank Faces

In case you weren't able to hear the screams of tweengasmic pleasure from the comfort of your own home, the cast of "New Moon" hit Comic-Con today and looked positively delighted to be there.

I'm not going to hate on K. Stew's hair, because we all know she's playing Joan Jett in a biopic, but I can hate on the fact that when asked how she's changed since beginning "Twilight" last year she said, "I cut my hair off."

In the words of Chandler Bing, could you be more snotty?

More click:
http://blogs.nypost.com/popwrap/archives/2009/07/new_moon_same_stank.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,199 • Replies: 11
No top replies

roger

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 08:12 pm
@oristarA,
I think I must be forty or fifty years too old to understand any part of this. Maybe someone else can help, but I'm not sure it's worth your time.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 11:53 pm
I know a lot of women outside of their teens who are finding a little too much pleasure in the twilight books...

T
K
O
roger

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 12:51 am
@Diest TKO,
I think it's more of an English language question than social commentary.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 07:13 am
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:
tweengasmic pleasure = teenager-styled pleasure?

Overly demonstrative enthusiasm, of the sort normally demonstrated by pre-teen girls.

(I find the word kind of offensive and/or in poor taste.)

0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 10:26 am
@oristarA,
Tweengasmic compounds tween (preteen = 10 " 12 years old) and orgasmic.

It’s used sarcastically in the article, indicating that the cast/show appeals to swooning preteens. Imagine squealing, jumping up and down …intense excitement over, say, a new pony, tickets to a boy band…preteen heartthrobs…that type of thing.

Drewdad said it succinctly.

“Stank” is an interesting word choice here and not one most would use I imagine (even though we take liberties with language all the time"just look at tweengasmic)

Stank in this context may be a play on “stinks.” For example, “Their attitude stinks.” Looking at the picture and based on the article, I’m surmising that the author meant “the same, disdainful faces,” indicating the cast was as usual, unenthusiastic (perhaps bored) and condescending. It’s not a compliment.

The title is a play on words New Moon/Same (old) Thing
JTT

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 02:34 pm
@Joeblow,
Quote:
Stank in this context may be a play on “stinks.” For example, “Their attitude stinks.” Looking at the picture and based on the article, I’m surmising that the author meant “the same, disdainful faces,” indicating the cast was as usual, unenthusiastic (perhaps bored) and condescending. It’s not a compliment.

My guess, Joe, is that it's a new piece of slang that has escaped we of the older set. Which one it is, below, I don't really feel any overwhelming desire to sort out.

Quote:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=stank

1. stank

1. (adj.) The quality of being whorish and/or trashy or the appearance of bearing said quality.
2. (adv.) Any instance where the aforementioned quality is displayed to the Nth degree.
3. (n.) A ghetto-fabulous greeting of sorts used by the intellectually and creatively impaired.
4. (adj.) Having an attitude that is particulary not cared for by the general population.
5. (adv.) Displaying the previously stated attitude.
1. Christina Aguilera is such a nasty stank ho' lately. What is her problem??
2. Did you see Christina Aguilera's new video? Ugh! It was rather stank...I almost hurled!
3. Wazzup Stank? What ya'll gettin' into today?
4. That stank bidge just cussed my mama out!
5. I can't stand that gum-smackin' trick. She is so stank sometimes I just can't even believe it!
roger

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 02:47 pm
@JTT,
That sounds more like a defination of skank.
JTT

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 02:50 pm
@roger,
It did to me too, Roger, but language, especially new vocab, moves at warp speed.

I'll leave it to you to research. Report back in a week. Smile
roger

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 05:00 pm
@JTT,
Respectfully, I decline.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 06:23 am
@JTT,
Thanks JTT.

It's a nasty insult.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 06:28 am
@roger,
It does. Perhaps it came about due to mispronunciation Laughing

I actually misread it as skank initially, and had composed a reply around it.
0 Replies