safecracker

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 08:55 am
it's possible but pretty much impossible to group like that lol, 1 handed doesn't even come in untill you have some good experiance.
0 Replies

dream2020

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 10:16 am
My daughter saw, and wanted, her first Barbie when she was 3. But she got tired of them, in favor of other dolls, beanie babies, and mud. Whether she would be a girly-girl or not didn't come out until around 6-7. My daughter surprised me by becoming not so much a tomboy as a funky girl. She has a club called the Slime Sisters and you can only be inducted if you don't say eeew or yuck to gross things. She prefers mud for playing outdoors, and dolls for inside.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 10:25 am
Slime Sisters sounds great!! Very Happy
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 12:47 pm
I scanned this last night, it was GIANT, I messed with it until it was smaller but now you can't see the polka dots, really. Anyway, this is the outfit I was referring to:

http://www.able2know.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10027/polka%20dots.JPG
0 Replies

dream2020

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 01:11 pm
What a cutie!!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 01:13 pm
So when are you taking her shootin' sozobe? Mrs. cav claims it's very therapeutic, but then again, she hates her job.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 01:14 pm
Sozobe you look much younger than I'd imagined.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 01:19 pm
Must be the botox.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 01:38 pm
Love the hairbow! (VERY cute picture!)
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 01:43 pm
dream2020 wrote:
Just be glad she hasn't found out about American Girl dolls yet!!! They're very nice, very expensive and an obession once the catalogues start coming to your house every month.

My daughter was finished with Barbies by the time she was 7. They're cheaply made and the hair turns into a fright sight after they're played with a few times.

When I was a kid, I had one Barbie and one Ken. I drew the nipples on her breasts and played with her until I was about 11.
she had outfits my grandmother made for her, and we used to have Barbie marathons in the yard, my friends and I.

Nowadays kids aren't into them as much. They get tired of them because of all the other toys they can have. so I wouldn't worry about Barbie as a bad influence.

OMG
he have a couple of those also!! Laughing now the mrs is into collection certain barbies for herself! I have the Husker cheerleader Barbie!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 01:44 pm
Soz
you are a cutie!! Wink
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 02:11 pm
Frankly I'm concerned. She looks to young to be rearing a child.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 04:17 pm
I was never allowed a Barbie - although I wanted one - not for political reasons, but because Children Can't Have Things Just Because They Want It - and You Will Grow Out Of It In No Time.

I ascribe to this cruelty my over-buying of clothes for a number of years after I became professionally employed! All that pent up wanting to take clothes off and put them on...

ALL kids love doing that, by the way - every goddam little kid who comes into my office - (and they are legion) - regardless of gender - takes off any clothes that are on ANYTHING - whether they are meant to come off or not - and puts them on other things, or puts different clothes on - or leaves any number of naked, shivering little beings littering the place, to terrify the next kidlet to come in - naked fairies, people, puppets, dolls, (including the little fella with the willy), bears.....it looks like a nudist convention in there - they would pull the very fur off the big cat families, if they could....including that of the already purposely pathetic figure of the Littlest Leopard of All...

Not to mention all the tragic dolls' house people in the waiting room, whose clothes have now been lost forever, save those (including, thank god, grandpa) whose garments are glued on with a glue that MEANS it!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 04:21 pm
An evil WASP pretender aunt once bought me a Klaus Barbie doll when I was just a wee lad...the folks were not impressed....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 04:25 pm
LOL!!! ewwwwwwww....
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 04:42 pm
Thanks, Noddy. My goodness. Where did my thread go? Somewhere east of Mexico?

Well, as I told someone just tonight, Oops, I forgot what I told and I forgot the someone that I told.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 08:05 pm
I had the sozlet when I was 5. Didn't I mention? We think it may have something to do with BGH.

(I better post a picture of myself as I look today before I get to Madison or people will be shielding their eyes and saying "But... but... you USED to be so cute!")
0 Replies

dream2020

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2003 06:57 am
dlowan wrote:

ALL kids love doing that, by the way - every goddam little kid who comes into my office - (and they are legion) - regardless of gender - takes off any clothes that are on ANYTHING - whether they are meant to come off or not - and puts them on other things, or puts different clothes on - or leaves any number of naked, shivering little beings littering the place, to terrify the next kidlet to come in - naked fairies, people, puppets, dolls, (including the little fella with the willy), bears.....it looks like a nudist convention in there -

I've noticed that kids are into taking the clothes off dolls, not dressing them up, until they're about 6 . Changing one outfit for another starts after 7 or so . Poor naked dolls. I wonder what developmental thing that is where young kids love to dress themselves up as princesses and fairies, but play with their dolls naked?
0 Replies