Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 11:18 am
Hi I'm a 13teen year old boy i weight 245 pounds thats too too much for my age.
can you tell me a good diet plan and workout? like how many push up and sit up should i do or how many times i should eat a day...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,271 • Replies: 1
No top replies

panzade

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 11:50 am
@tylerf581,
I feel for you tyler.

It's important to have a check up with your family doctor first , to see if there are any health issues involved.

heres a site that will help you with your teenage weight problem

http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/pa/pa_tnweight_hhg.htm

Quote:
Obesity has become America's #1 health problem. More than 15% of American teenagers are overweight. You are overweight if:

* You weigh more than 20% over the ideal weight for your height.
* The skin fold thickness of your upper arm's fat layer is more than 1 inch (25 millimeters) when measured with a special instrument.

Obesity is defined as a weight per height ratio (body mass index or BMI) that is above the 95th percentile.
What is the cause?

The tendency to be overweight is usually inherited. If one parent is overweight, probably half of the children have the potential to be overweight. If both parents are overweight, most of their children will be overweight. If neither parent is overweight, the children have a small chance of becoming overweight.

Heredity alone (without overeating) accounts for most mild weight problems. Moderate weight problems are usually due to a combination of heredity, overeating, and underexercising. Some overeating is normal in our society, but only those who have the inherited tendency to be overweight will gain significant weight when they overeat. The family environment (how much TV is watched, how much your family exercises, and foods that are served) is equally important.

Less than 1% of obesity has an underlying medical cause. Your healthcare provider can check whether your obesity has a physical cause with a simple physical examination.

There are health risks as well as social problems that may occur when you are overweight. These include high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, obstructive sleep apnea from severe snoring, exercise intolerance, lower self-esteem, and depression.
When is the best time to lose weight?

Losing weight is very difficult. Keeping the weight off is also a chore. The best time for losing weight is when a teenager becomes very concerned with personal appearance. A self-motivated teenager can follow a diet and lose weight regardless of what his or her family eats.
0 Replies