Help Deciphering Symbolism

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 11:19 pm
Hi,

The other night I went outside to smoke a cigarette and I saw an insect I had never seen before. Upon research I found out it was a Tarantula Hawk. It was a pretty interesting insect, considering its red wings and blue/black body. It was about 3 inches big.

After a few minutes of watching it, I looked on the ground for some reason and I saw a small scorpion. This was a shock because I had not seen one around my house before now...nor the Tarantula Hawk.

I then proceeded to call my friend and walk around to the other side of the house to tell him about what I had seen. When I came back to where the wasp and scorpion were still at I saw something large and dark on the wall. At first glance I thought it was a tarantula, but it turns out it was a gypsy moth! About 3 inches long and 2 1/2 inches wide [wings closed.]

I am curious as to what the symbolism behind this could be. I have recently gotten out of a relationship with someone..if that means anything. I looked at some sites about symbolism but I would appreciate any more thoughts on what this could mean...including the order they arrived.

Thanks for any help!
-Curious

View best answer, chosen by symbolismhuh
oolongteasup
  Selected Answer

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 12:24 am
@symbolismhuh,
You really want someone huh.

http://www.whats-your-sign.com/symbol-meaning-of-scorpion.html
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 04:28 am
@symbolismhuh,
It means ... you are a nature lover.

Or a good observer.

And that's all.

Really.

There is no meaning in these kinds of random events. There is no symbolism. It is life going on, as per usual, and you just so happened to see it.

Either that, or the world is ending.
oolongteasup

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 04:51 am
@jespah,
Quote:
Either that, or the world is ending.

Naturally, it's only a symbolic ending.

The ordered conjunction of the three presages love springing anew.

There are many bugs to be found in life's great blanket.
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 12:45 pm
The symbolism is that it's dangerous to smoke cigarettes outside on a summer night. You can get cancer.
0 Replies