The Great Big A2K Fantasy Football Thread for 2009-2010!

fbaezer

Reply Mon 19 Oct, 2009 11:11 am
I was rooting for Colson, and very happy about his performance... 'til I found out I hadn't picked him up from the bench, duh!
Luckily, the Fairies still won.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 12:47 pm
And I still look at my 110 points that would have been 117--enough to win-- if I had played my Seattle defense instead of my Giants defense. You guys who have been so kind to coach us 'rookies' all these months might have mentioned that I really shouldn't play my own defense against my own quarterback.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2009 12:57 pm
So I need some roster help for a different league that I am in.

I can start two RB two WR and one flex spot. Player eligible are:

Marion Barber RB (vs ATL)
Brandon Jacobs RB (vs ARI)
Jonathon Stewart RB (vs Buf)
Mike Bell RB (vs Mia)

Wes Welker WR (vs TB)
Sidney Rice WR (vs Pit)
Mario Manningham WR (vs Ari)
Pierre garcon WR (vs Stl)

It is a Point Per Reception league so scoring is on receptions, yardage, and TDs. Any thoughts?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2009 01:07 pm
@jpinMilwaukee,
Dude, you totally have to start Wes Welker and Sidney Rice. Both of those guys are must-starts at this point.

Barber is slated to start this week but Atlanta has been looking pretty good lately.

Mike Bell is losing touches to Pierre Thomas but is getting them on the goaline and short-yardage situations.

Stewart is facing the worst run defense in the NFL this week, so even though he shares touches, he should have some points for ya.

Jacobs on the other hand is facing the #1 run defense in the league this weekend. Hard to think that he is going to have a ton of success.

Overall, I'd say:

Wes Welker
Sidney Rice
Pierre Garcon
Jonathan Stewart
Marion barber

Of course, your mileage may vary, so don't complain when they all suck this week Laughing

Cycloptichorn
jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2009 01:11 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
That is kind of the way I was leaning too. I always start Welker. I pick him up every year in my PPR league and he is always golden for me. He always goes in the later rounds for some reason too.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2009 01:16 pm
@jpinMilwaukee,
jpinMilwaukee wrote:

That is kind of the way I was leaning too. I always start Welker. I pick him up every year in my PPR league and he is always golden for me. He always goes in the later rounds for some reason too.

He totally killed me this last week, of course, the Patriots play like demons in the snow.

As for Garcon, b/c it's a PPR league, he may not be the best call - he only has 12-13 receptions on the year, though his YPC is the highest on the Colts - much to my Reggie Wayne owning dismay.

Cycloptichorn
jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2009 01:20 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I think I might start Manningham over Garcon. Mostly because I traded for manningham and got a lot of crap for the trade from this one guy in particular... and I happen to be playing him this week. I'm hoping Manningham goes crazy and scores mucho points against him this week.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 10:41 am
@jpinMilwaukee,
jpinMilwaukee wrote:

I think I might start Manningham over Garcon. Mostly because I traded for manningham and got a lot of crap for the trade from this one guy in particular... and I happen to be playing him this week. I'm hoping Manningham goes crazy and scores mucho points against him this week.

That would be sweet. It's always extra-nice when you win with a controversial choice like that.

May I ask why someone gave you a hard time? Did they not feel the trade was fair? I'm getting more into fantasy football (I read about it pretty much every day now) and am looking to join a PPR/odd rules league, or perhaps a Keeper league, next year.

Cycloptichorn
Ticomaya

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 11:51 am
@jpinMilwaukee,
I agree with Manningham over Garcon, and I agree with the rest of Cyclops' picks.
jpinMilwaukee

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 03:46 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I traded Cutler for Manningham. He thought the trade was unfair. I agree that talent wise I probably gave up more, but Cutler was just siting on my bench because I was starting Matt Ryan, and I needed a WR. Even so, I don't think there is that much of a difference between the two. Especially for the amount of stink he put up about it.

I love my PPr league. It makes it much more competitive because there are a lot of players out there that get a lot of yards and receptions but not a lot of fantasy points. It is a fairer way to score IMO because they contribute just as much as the guy who has two 5 yard receptions for TDs but ends up with a ton more fantasy points just because of the TDs.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 03:47 pm
@Ticomaya,
So far so good... Half way through Barber is stinking it up though.
ElStudHoncho

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 11:11 am
@jpinMilwaukee,
Well, the Gerbils are certainly gettin' their fuzzy little butts spanked this week!
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 05:07 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Well Maningham didn't have the game I was hoping for, but it didn't matter as I beat him pretty easily anyway. Would have been nice in I could have rubbed it in a little more though.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 05:12 pm
@jpinMilwaukee,
jpinMilwaukee wrote:

Well Maningham didn't have the game I was hoping for, but it didn't matter as I beat him pretty easily anyway. Would have been nice in I could have rubbed it in a little more though.

He dropped an easy TD pass in the end zone last night. Hakeem Nicks would have caught it; luckily for me, he didn't get the rock thrown to him.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 08:00 am
More good news. My starting running back and wide receiver had bye weeks. Both replacements were pulled from playing last minute. Singing Christmas carols early. "Joy to the world,..."
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 09:49 am
My star tight end tore his ACL yesterday Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Cycloptichorn Evil or Very Mad
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 09:54 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
My star tight end tore his ACL yesterday Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Somehow I think you'll be fine.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 02:10 pm
Fred Ginn Jr. not gathering enough points... so I bench him. What do I get in return? He scores 2 touch downs.
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 02:22 pm
@fbaezer,
fbaezer wrote:
Fred Ginn Jr. not gathering enough points... so I bench him. What do I get in return? He scores 2 touch downs.

Fred's the evil twin brother who should remain benched.
fbaezer

Reply Mon 2 Nov, 2009 02:29 pm
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

fbaezer wrote:

Fred's the evil twin brother who should remain benched.

touchè!
0 Replies