Is this guy shady and maybe I'm the "other woman"?HELP!!?

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 10:36 am

Is this guy shady and maybe dating more than me?HELP!!?

Ok. I met this guy in January and went out sporadically like 3 or 4 times. Then didn't see him for 3 months because he was busy like he said going on vacation and with family-weird.
So he invited me over last night and ate take out and then watched a movie. All of a sudden a girl knocks on his door and he opens the door and for a few seconds he is whispering something to her in their language.
She was actually very pretty/hot and dressed in gorgeous clothes but did not look smiley or happy.
He got weird when she came in-he came back and sat on the couch in awkward silence and asked, "did you leave me a message on my phone?"
and she said, "I called and you're not picking up," in an annoyed way.

He stayed silent on the couch an ddidn't look at me. She came closer to the living room staring at us surprised, annoyed, and confused, and kind of put her hand out as if saying, "WTF is going on here? and who are you?" We were not sitting together-he layed on the couch not saying a word and I was on the floor. Actually I felt intimidated-she looked good and professional but sexy looking up at her from the floor I was sitting on. He is a lawyer so it made me think that the way she looked she might be important.

I felt embarassed and felt like this was his gf or some other woman he dates and said, " I'm leaving you two alone." Then she said sarcastically, "No, I'll leave YOU TWO alone." NOt mean or anything.

I left and didn't even say goodbye.

Is this shady?? Should I believe him if he tells me it's a nobody? or does he sound like a player or maybe this was his gf???
I mean he hadn't bothere to ask to hang out in months and now this????

AND, he didn't even stop me from leaving. Just said a lame, "bye Jenny."

Oh, and she looked pretty comfortable in the place too. She really was not about to leave, but as if she expected me to go.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,123 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 10:42 am
@Sabrina81,
Seriously, here...what do you think this was about? That lame "Bye, Jenny." It wasn't a "Wait, Jenny...I can clear this up.'

What does your gut tell you?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 10:44 am
You made the right decision in leaving, imo. Let him sort out his personal life without you present for the debate. You were watching a movie. It doesn't sound like she caught you in bed, or anything. If she's concerned about you being in the apartment for take out and a movie then she's got more invested in this than just a casual acquaintance. Whether she holds official gf status or not, you're better off not being in the middle of the drama.
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 03:24 pm
Apparently their relationship is MUCH more than the relationship you have with him.

He owes you an explanation, and the fact that he just let you walk out without one shows that he is not able to make any kind of commitment to you.

Stay away. This guy is NOT free to date. Even he knows that.

0 Replies