Sounds like native English speakers?

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 05:21 pm
Do Mr A and Mr B sound like native English speakers? If not, please make/edit them to sound like one.

Mr.A:
Believe or not, if humans continue to eat these junk and allow natural selection to take course. Eventually, we will be perfectly healthy on such diet several millions of years later.

(Note: the junk or the diet refers to chocolate without sugar)

Mr.B

Sounds true. I felt good when eating but extremely sick half of an hour later every time I ate a chocolate bar

The horrid temporary sickness of mine would have been keeping on for almost a day. During which I would suspect the chocolate I ate was poisonous. Well, kids who ate chocolate bars taken from the same chocolate box were all joyful without any trace of being sick. I wonder if I am allergic to chocolate.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 389 • Replies: 2
No top replies

aidan

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 11:22 pm
@oristarA,
Quote:
Do Mr A and Mr B sound like native English speakers?

No, but I like some of their word choices and phrases- this is my favorite:
Quote:
Well, kids who ate chocolate bars taken from the same chocolate box were all joyful

This is how I would say it (my version of native English speak - there are many ways it could be said - with different levels of casualness and uses of colloquialisms).
Mr. A: You know, if humans continue to eat all this 'junk', natural selection will take it's course- it might take millions of years- but we'll all adapt and end up perfectly healthy eating this crap.

Mr. B - Yeah, I know what you mean. It feels good going down, but whenever I eat something like chocolate, I feel sick half an hour later- and it lasts for most of the day. It's almost like this stuff is toxic. It doesn't seem to bother the kids though. Maybe I'm allergic.

0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2009 10:03 pm
Thank you
0 Replies