Use "be made" or use "being made"?

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 07:44 am
After the evaluation on your agreement be made, the link to the manual will be offered here.

Is "after the evaluation on your agreement be made" proper English? Should the poster use "being made" instead of "be made" in the sentence above?

Context:

Before you jump to click the link that leads to the manual, which is available in English version only, of the Virtual International Fund Organization or the Households Bank, you need to know something important. It is because of SECURITY CONCERNS. The organization or the bank is now headquartered in the United States of America, which is, unfortunately, in the state of war against terrorism. And, for the purposes of world harmony and peace, the requirements to access to VIFO or HB are subject to both the law of US and the law of PRC. The infringement of which will lead to the maximum of criminal penalties under the laws. Do you agree that you will not infringe the laws? If you agree, answer us in English and explain the reason why you agree. After the evaluation on your agreement be made, the link to the manual will be offered here.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 474 • Replies: 9
No top replies

panzade

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 09:02 am
@oristarA,
Quote:
After the evaluation on your agreement is made, the link to the manual will be offered here.

Be careful ori, this sounds like a "scam"
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 04:00 pm
Thank you Panzade.

Would any one like to answer me whether "in the state of war against terrorism" should be "at the state of war against terrorism"?
panzade

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 04:30 pm
@oristarA,
need more info ori...what is the context?
oristarA

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 06:22 pm
@panzade,
Hi, I cannot find more context about it.

Would you mind to tell me what is different between using "in" and using "at" there?
panzade

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 06:38 pm
@oristarA,
a state of war would be preferable
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 01:07 am
So both "in a state of war" and "at a state of war" are proper English that conveys the same meaning?
McTag

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 03:16 am
@oristarA,

Most people would say (and write) "is made" there.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 03:17 am
@oristarA,
In, not at, here.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 04:27 pm
Thanks.
What is different in meaning about "in a state of war" and "at a state of war"?
0 Replies