Some? Some cops?

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 05:31 am
On the flip side, some keep it all inside and are too afraid to ask for help for fear of losing face or their job/pension and unfortunately go off the deep end

Qs:

Some keep it all inside = some cops keep it all in their mind?
go off the deep end = slip into the big trouble (the abyss of life)?

Context:

He Dog & Markarino; Sorry to disappoint you both, but we're not all power-hungry, Taser-toting murderers. True, a few bad people get through the system or get twisted along the way. I just had a partner
let go for misconduct that I never knew anything about or would have guessed (nothing scandalous, but out of department policy). 99% of us are willing to lay down our lives for a complete stranger for about $50K a year. Seeing bad things and bad people, all day, every day, really starts to mess with your psyche. You arrest the same guys over and over again, sometimes less than a week later! They're born to be criminals. Some cops figure, "If the court isn't gonna punish you, I will".
On the flip side, some keep it all inside and are too afraid to ask for help for fear of losing face or their job/pension and unfortunately go off the deep end, hurting themselves and/or someone close to them. The job's not easy and certainly not glamourous and you're not gonna get rich. If it was, everyone would be doing it. Everyone loves firefighters (If they only knew the truth) and hates the cops, until you need us. My own wife doesn't even like that I'm a cop. She worries about me coming home every day, but she knows I love my job. Regardless of what you think of me, my partners or my profession, I'm proud to wear my badge. I worked hard for it and I know what it, and I stand for.

To see more context click:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2009-07-12-slain_N.htm

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 323 • Replies: 4
No top replies

panzade

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 07:46 am
@oristarA,
Quote:
Some keep it all inside = some cops keep it all in their mind?
go off the deep end = slip into the big trouble (the abyss of life)?

You got it ori-some don't talk about their problems or seek help...the deep end refers to drowning in a swimming pool as an example of falling into an abyss.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 01:18 am
Thanks
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 01:29 am
@oristarA,
Flip side, of course, refers to the old vinal phonograph records. Flip side is the side which did not cause you to buy the album.
panzade

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 08:49 am
@roger,
oh yeahhh. I forgot
0 Replies