racism or just simple capitalism?

Pamela Rosa

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 02:19 pm
I'm not supprised.
http://media1.suntimes.com/multimedia/suspects.jpg_20090709_13_56_40_1094-282-400.imageContent
(Clockwise) Carolyn Towns, Terrence Nicks, Keith Nicks and Maurice Dailey have been charged with one count each of felony dismembering a human bod.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/24-7/1659213,four-charged-graves-profit-cemetery-070909.article

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/four-charged-burr-oak-cemetery-desecration.html
djjd62

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 02:22 pm
@Pamela Rosa,
Pamela Rosa wrote:
I'm not supprised.

learn how to spell you racist bitch
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 03:18 pm
@Pamela Rosa,
it should not be a surprise that a cemetery for blacks hires blacks. I don't see a racial angle here though, as the problem of disrespect of the dead cuts across racial lines.

This property is owned by Perpetua which is controlled by Pacesetter Capital Group. It appears that the owners were absent, and cared only about profits. It appears that this case was caused by management negligence, not racism.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 05:49 pm
@hawkeye10,
There was once a taboo on desecrating the graves of the dead, and this has largely gone away.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You got to be kidding me grave robbing is as old as human history!
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 05:52 pm
@hawkeye10,
yes, stealing from graves has long been a problem. However stealing the bodies, or not doing with the bodies what was promised and what dignity for the dead demands is a new problem. There has been a rash of revelations about cremations of the dead not being properly conducted, and improper conduct at cemeteries.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New problem?

How do you define new a few hundred years or so is new to you when medical schools needed to hire grave robbers to get bodies for their students for at least that long ago?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 05:58 pm
@hawkeye10,
Can you point to a shred of evidence to support this view?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How about the case of the seizing of Alexandra the great body and it being taken to Egypt for political reasons by one of his lieutenants? Is three thousands or so years ago far enough back into history for you?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 06:03 pm
@djjd62,
learn how to spell you racist bitch
--------------------------------------------

Djjd62 I would said it fifty/fifty that "she" is a male in drag.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 11:09 am
There are immoral, and greedy, and ghoulish individuals of all ethnicities. These happen to be black. I don't know how this could be considered racist, since aren't the victims' families black? anyhoo, I vote pure capitalism twisted to a wretched extreme.
dyslexia

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:15 pm
@snood,
yeah.
0 Replies