US Destroyer sank one, maybe two Soviet subs

Rockhead

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 02:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
this thread strikes a chord with me, ed.

not sure just why...

Wink
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 03:07 pm
One sub ought to be enough considering we were not even at war.
0 Replies

Bruce Saltzman

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 08:00 pm
Sinking Soviet Sub:
When I was in Viet Nam I was shown a photograph of three Soviet manufactured helicopters that US Airforce piolets claimed that they shot up on the ground. I often told people that the North Viet Namease had helicopters. Twenry five years later I saw the same photograph on the Israelie Airforce web site. It seams those soviet manufactured helicopters where shot up in Syria by the Israeli Airforce in 1967. My lession is that you have to be carefull what militery bull-**** stories you chose to believe and repeat.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 08:43 pm
@edgarblythe,
Very interesting! But I think if a destroyer hit a submarine, the destroyer sinks and the sub sails on. There are plenty of cases of subs hitting and severely damaging or sinking merchant ships with little or no damage to the massive hulls of the subs.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 09:05 pm
@engineer,
The tale of the sub getting sunk because the destroyer hit it was pretty effectively debunked by the sonarman at the scene, so I think. The first sinking could be true.
0 Replies