Goldfish

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2009 08:44 am
I have this gold fish we have had probably 2 years. Just recently it has started laying on the bottom of the tank and not being very active. It doesn't eat much and we haven't changed the enviornment any. My daughter said it rolled onto its side but then he fixed himself. What are the signs if your fish is sick or going to die. My daughter is upset about her fish. Please Help!!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 931 • Replies: 3
No top replies

alex240101

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2009 09:08 am
@alleycat77,
Hello alleycat77. Nice to meet you. Here is a link to a nine one one emergency specifically for goldfish.

http://www.goldfish-emergency.com/news.php

Good luck
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2009 10:18 am
I had a couple of goldfish in a bowl for about 5 years. Nothing seemed to kill them. Once the bowl froze when I was out of town and the heat went off. When it thawed they were as good as new.
rosborne979

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2009 10:29 am
@NickFun,
NickFun wrote:
I had a couple of goldfish in a bowl for about 5 years. Nothing seemed to kill them. Once the bowl froze when I was out of town and the heat went off. When it thawed they were as good as new.

I had goldfish when I was a kid but we got tired of taking care of them, so we released them into a small vernal pond in the front of our house. The pond usually dried up every year, but for a few years in a row it rained enough so that it never dried up. Then it froze every winter.
After a few years it did dry completely and the goldfish showed up in the last bit of mud before all the water was gone. They had grown into 8" long brown carp. Both were still alive. Amazing.
0 Replies