Biden: We 'Misread the Economy'

Yankee

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 07:53 am
They "misread" the economy. They misread the war. They misread the environment.

"Big admission from Vice President Joe Biden today.

"The truth is, we and everyone else misread the economy," Biden told me during our exclusive "This Week" interview in Iraq.

Biden acknowledged administration officials were too optimistic earlier this year when they predicted the unemployment rate would peak at 8 percent as part of their effort to sell the stimulus package. The national unemployment rate has ballooned to 9.5 percent in June -- the worst in 26 years.

"The truth is, there was a misreading of just how bad an economy we inherited," said Biden, who is leading the administration's effort to implement it's $787 billion economic stimulus plan. "

http://blogs.abcnews.com/george/2009/07/biden-we-misread-the-economy-.html

When do you think they may read something properly?

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 08:13 am
Obama and Joe misread the economy...better than Cheney and bush misleading it....

they read the mood of the American people well enough to be living at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
Yankee

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 08:20 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
How do you mislead the economy?
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 08:20 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Thanks bear, I posted this in one of the Liberals hate Sara Palin threads and you proved my point once again.

H2O MAN wrote:

Democratic hate mongers are enjoying a feeding frenzy orgy and they still take the
time to blame all of life's problems on GW Bush. What a bunch of hypocritical morons!

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 08:21 am
@Yankee,
Laughing

0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 08:22 am
anybody in the white house at this time would be fucked, these are the guys that are dealing with it

the best thing for democrats would have been a mc cain/palin win, after 4 years of that dog and pony show mixed with the economy they just may have gotten 8 years starting in 2012, now, it's gonna be tough to making through the next 2 1/2

can't you guys get your **** together down there and get a viable third party, inject some life back into system
rosborne979

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 08:26 am
@Yankee,
Yankee wrote:
"The truth is, we and everyone else misread the economy," Biden told me during our exclusive "This Week" interview in Iraq.

I guess they need a new crystal ball.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 08:26 am
@Yankee,
Yankee wrote:

When do you think they may read something properly?

When we discover scientific proof of clairvoyance. It sucks they were too optimistic, but it's hardly a cardinal sin.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 08:29 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

anybody in the white house at this time would be fucked,...

I don't buy that excuse.

The best thing for this country is for the president and the congress to get their collective **** together or all of them
should quit so that we can replace them with citizens that actually care about their country less than their party.
rosborne979

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 08:47 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:
...so that we can replace them with citizens that actually care about their country less than their party.

That's what happened in the last election, the voters selected the team they thought cared more about their country than their party (and the team most likely to make the right decisions about a wide range of things).

I know you don't like it, but that's the reality, and there's no reason to think that anything different would happen if we re-ran the election today.

I think what you really want is to be able to hand-pick the people you want, not the people everyone wants.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 08:57 am
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:
...so that we can replace them with citizens that actually care about their country less than their party.

My typing skills suck! That line should have read something like this:

... replace them with citizens that actually care more about their country and less about their party...

That's what happened in the last election, the voters selected the team they thought cared more about their country than their party (and the team most likely to make the right decisions about a wide range of things).

What happened in the last election... voters elected a ticket that they thought would cater
more to their collective wants and needs regardless of what was best for the country.
The selfish dumbmasses elected Obama/Biden without thinking through what would happen to the country.

Shame on the dumbmasses.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 09:00 am
Bush: "I destroyed the economy."
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 09:03 am
@Gargamel,

Peter: "I destroyed that Bush"
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 09:29 am
One Republican who did see the train wreck coming:Chairman of the FDIC Sheila C Bair who was appointed by Bush in 2006.

Quote:
Bair publicly criticized the Bush Administration's $700 billion bailout package, saying it will not do enough to help Americans facing foreclosures. Bair told the Wall Street Journal "[W]e're attacking it at the [financial] institution level as opposed to the borrower level, and it's the borrowers defaulting. That is what's causing the distress at the institution level," she said. "So why not tackle the borrower problem?" On Friday, November 14, 2008 Bair released details of her much more ambitious plan " a $24.4-billion program aimed at preventing 1.5 million foreclosures " even though Treasury Secretary Henry M. Paulson had told reporters earlier in the week that he would not pay for it.

In an interview with Chris Wallace on Fox News on March 15, 2009, (see minutes and seconds 3:54-3:49) she said, "Right now 98 percent of the banks representing 98 percent of the banking assets exceed regulatory standards for being well capitalized."
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 09:50 am
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

One Republican who did see the train wreck coming:

Bush saw the coming Barney Frank housing wreck on the horizon, but Frank lied and the investigation went no further.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 10:12 am
@Yankee,
by misleading the entire country...
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 10:13 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,

Yes Bear, Obama and Biden have mislead the entire country.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 10:14 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Thanks bear, I posted this in one of the Liberals hate Sara Palin threads and you proved my point once again.

H2O MAN wrote:

Democratic hate mongers are enjoying a feeding frenzy orgy and they still take the
time to blame all of life's problems on GW Bush. What a bunch of hypocritical morons!

we hate bush and palin and america and conservatives and you and your family and all your friends and all the horses you rode in on. we eat babies by moonlight and sacrifice to Baal while fantasizing about your naked daughters.....what are you going to do about it toilet boy?
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 10:17 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,

Yes Bear, the world is fully aware that you and your ilk are hate filled hypocritical morons.

Why else would you be under constant supervision.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2009 10:18 am
@H2O MAN,
and we own you defeated whining pussy fuckers currently. live with it bitch.

on July 26th Palin will be gone. Letterman, same time same channel.