DEMOCRACY IN ACTION--CORPORATE STYLE . . .

Setanta

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 08:44 am
I do hope this doesn't repeat anything which has been posted already, but i've not seen it here. Since August, there has been a growing story here in Ohio about the voting machines the state was prepared to buy. The CEO of Diebold (a company which bid to provide voting machines to Ohio) is reputed to have told Republicans in a fund raising letter that his company is: "committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president next year."

I had trouble getting into the Cleveland Plain Dealer web site, so i have this reprint of one of their articles:

Diebold article[/color]

Ain't democracy a wonderful thing? Please note the dedication to fair and impartial voting on the part of Kenneth Blackwell, the Ohio Secretary of State.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,518 • Replies: 28
No top replies

Brand X

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 08:51 am
The electronic voting machines are going to be a whole nother can of worms.
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 08:53 am
Would those who sent servicemen to their deaths in Iraq, by false pretenses, have too much morality to try to 'fix' voting machines in time for the next Presidential Election???
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 08:53 am
Don't worry, Boss, Diebold's CEO will make sure your vote counts . . . or rather, that it is counted for the Shrub.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 10:49 am
ONE FOR YOU---------one for me

TWO FOR YOU---------one, two for me

THREE FOR YOU-------one, two, three for me
-Cheeko
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 10:54 am
The fix is on.
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 11:34 am
And should the next election go to the Republicans due to fixed machines and blatant fraud, the Democrats can always take the matter to .......... the U.S. Supreme Court! Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 06:09 pm
What surprises me is that there has not been more outcry.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 10:13 pm
Jeez you people----do you believe everything you read or just what agrees with your particular ideology? Don't you know by now that anything posted by Setanta has a preconceived conclusion-----the one he wants you to arrive at.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 10:55 pm
Sentata posts links to his stories. He doesn't simply cut and paste edited versions of things without references. I trust Sentata's posts far more than certain other people's...
0 Replies

Italgato

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 11:10 pm
I think that the Company that is going to "fix" the machines should be fined and the CEO should be imprisoned. Imagine a CEO so stupid as to write that. I sure wish I could get ahold of that "alleged" fund raising letter. I would send it to every paper in the USA so that they could follow up on it to show just how evil the Republicans are.

I hope that Setanta can tell us just how to get ahold of a copy or at least see a story which quotes directly from the letter.

They do exist, don't they?

Or have they been destroyed?

Can you tell us, Setanta, where to find a copy of the letter.?I am a skeptical type and just don't believe stories like that unless I see evidence.
Sorry.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 11:13 pm
Hmmm.....Google Search
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 11:16 pm
And from Salon.com :Diebold scandal
Quote:
An open invitation to election fraud
Not only is the country's leading touch-screen voting system so badly designed that votes can be easily changed, but its manufacturer is run by a die-hard GOP donor who vowed to deliver his state for Bush next year.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
By Farhad Manjoo
0 Replies

Italgato

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 11:17 pm
I read the link by Setanta. I read the posts following the link. The letter said nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, about the voting machines being fixed. The letter said that the owner of the company was committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to President Bush next year.

Now, Setanta( is that his age?) may feel that this means that the CEO will fix the machines.

If so, he would be murdered in a court trying to make a link between the statement and the machines.

The CEO did not say, I am going to rig the machines.

If Setanta feels that it was improper for the CEO to do so, he may of course, feel that way.

If Setanta feels that some crime has been committed, I implore him to contact the State's Attorney.

I am very much afraid that the State's Attorney would laugh in his face if he did.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2003 12:50 am
Italgato wrote:
Now, Setanta( is that his age?) may feel that this means that the CEO will fix the machines.

Since 'Setanta' means "one who knows the way", this may well be (especially his responses here and on other boards.)
0 Replies

Italgato

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2003 01:01 am
Mr. Hinteler: You may be correct about the fact that Setanta means One who knows the way. I don't know what language that is in but I can assure you that Settanta means Seventy in Italian and Setenta means Seventy in Spanish.--you know, siebzig.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2003 01:11 am
Well, if Setanta had called himself "settanta", you were completely correct re. the Italian meaning and if his name would be "setenta" you would be right re Sanish as well.

But as you can read ... his name here is Setanta.
0 Replies

Italgato

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2003 01:17 am
But how does that translate to one who knows the way?

What way?

Geographical?

Philosophical?

Transcendental?

I dont think he knows the way at all judging as to how he muddled the post concering the CEO and his letter.

He might know the way to go home but he doesn't know much else. I will be glad to demonstrate that to you in the future, Mr. Hinteler.
0 Replies

Italgato

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2003 01:18 am
If Setanta is a Gaelic derivation, that explains it.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2003 01:25 am
Italgato wrote:

He might know the way to go home but he doesn't know much else. I will be glad to demonstrate that to you in the future, Mr. Hinteler.

I really can't wait for that to come, Italgato!
0 Replies