I'm married and i think im in love with my ex

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 04:13 pm
i'm a married man i've been married with my wife for 5 years and i've know her since high school. I"m only 26 and we got married young. We have a 2 year old son together and we bought a house together. Here is my dilemma. Just recently i crossed paths with my ex girlfriend and i found out that we both still have feelings for each other. I knew my ex way before i met my wife and when me and my ex dated we where both young like 16 and 17. We talked on the phone every now and then but we didn't really get to hang out or see each other. We dated for a couple months and i was under the impression that r relationship wasn't really that serious so when i met my wife i decided to break up with my ex and be with my wife. Even though we broke up we didn't end on bad terms and we where still cool. The problem is the reason why we broke up was because i felt like r relationship never had a change to mature but i think if i had of given it a chance it might have really turned into something . She even explained to me later why she was so distant with me when we dated cause she said she was goning thru somethings. She even said that when she found out that i got married she couldn't help but to cry cause she felt like i was suppose to be her husband. and even though she is happy for us she says when she see us together it's torture. well my wife knows that i broke up with my ex's for her and she even knows who the girl is. Me and my ex remained friends and when we met up a couple of years later the feelings started coming back. We meet up a couple of times secretly and then eventually i ended up having in affair. Now my ex feels bad because she didn't want to take it that far and she doesn't want we to leave my wife she actually wants u to work on r marriage. I'm at a point though where i dont think i want to do this anymore. When i'm with my ex i'm so happy but when i'm without her i'm miserable. My wife knows something is bothering me but i can't bear to tell her the truth. I don't want to hurt anybody but i feel like i am hurting her by not telling her the truth. Then if i do tell her the truth since she knows the girl it is gonna b like a slap in the face then on top of that her mom and my mom know each other and when it gets back to them there gonna look at her like she is a homewrecker and look at me like i'm wrong for leaving my wife. I am so confused i don't know what to do. Do i stay in my marriage and be miserable or do i tell my wife the truth and have to deal with a divorce and hope that my ex can deal with me leaving my wife for her. Cause if i take that chance i could end up being alone all together.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,765 • Replies: 1
No top replies

JustLeSha

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 08:02 am
@playstate09,
ok playstate, im pretty sure that there is some nice, good way to work through this.
first, you REALLY need to tell your wife what is going on. if she really loves you, then she will understand, and will love you for being honest.
second, you need to explain to your ex how you feel about this affair, and how you feel about her becoming a "homewrecker"
next, you need to make a list of the pros and cons that come with both of them to see which one you're better off with.
then, try not to get your child entirely caught up with this, im a child with divorced parents, and if you fight your battle in front of them, then it will be worse off, just like it was with me.
finally, when you go through with your decision, i want you to stay in close contact with the person you decided to let go of, but do this one thing, distance yourself. you want them to know that you care for them, but that the person you chose over them is who you wanna stick with
i hope my advice was of some assistance, otherwise you need some real help from a trained professional. your welcome
0 Replies