More from Daniel Pipes

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2003 01:36 pm
perception wrote:
Joe

Laughing You're still worrying over that bone while the rest of us are "movin" on.

I want to explore the details of the recent "shift" in power from Rummy to Condi. Apparently Rumsfeld wasn't told about the new "coordinating" group at the NSC

You started this thread and now you're moving on? Well, you go right ahead, perception, pick up your ball and go home. I'm sure it was getting a little too hot in here for you anyway.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2003 02:57 pm
Joe:

Laughing Save your energy for more worthwhile discussions-----that really was a worn out bone.
0 Replies

Italgato

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 12:48 am
Peception- Joe from Chicago says that Bush is a damnable liar.

I really don't think that Joe from Chicago is a law student or went to law school. If he did, he fell asleep in class.

I am not a law student but I do know some things about the law.

In Black's Law Dictionary- - 6th Edition- West Pub. it says:

"lie- a falsehood uttered for the purpose of deception; An intentional statement of an untruth designed to mislead another."

Now, I defy Joe from Chicago to PROVE( not gasbag) PROVE that President Bush uttered a "falsehood" and that it was done "for the purpose of deception"

The first proof would involve showing that Saddam never had any WMD's. That is, of course, ridiculous.

The second Proof would involve being able to go into President Bush's intentions to show that he said something to decieve>

Joe from Chicago can't do it. As I said, he must have fallen asleep in his class on Torts.

I do hope that Joe from Chicago knows that in order to PROVE that President Bush lied,there would have to be a legal hearing.

I am sure that Joe From Chicago can say- Bush lied and I will say it is your opinion that he lied, you cannot prove it. It is my opinion that he did not lie.

checkmate- Joe from Chicago.

If Joe from Chicago knows anything about law, he should know that despite the horrible lies told by Clinton in his depositions, he was not charged with pperjury since his statements in his depositions did nnot meet the technical definition of perjury.

When Joe From Chicago says- Bush lied, he is just blowing smoke since I hope that he knows that there is no proof and that no proof will be forthcoming.

Joe from Chicago is often tiresome since he doesn't seem to know even the minimum that first year law students know.

Keep it up, Perception- good work
0 Replies

Italgato

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 12:57 am
Perception- Joe from Chicago states that Pipes is wrong when he says that there was massive and undisputed evidence that Saddam was building WMD's

Joe from Chicago, I am very much afraid, is not keeping up.

William Jefferson Clinton, the amoral leader of the Democratic Party gave a speech just before his impeachment hearing in which he said( 12/16/98.

"So we will pursue a long-term strategy to contain Iraq and ITS WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION and work toward the day when Iraq has a government worthy of its people"

"And mark my words, he will develop weapons of mass destruction. He will deploy them, and he will use them"

Perception, doesn't that sound as if Clinton thought that Saddam had weapons of Mass Desstuction and was going to deploy them and use them?

He even said- MARK MY WORDS.

How is that different from what Pipes said.

It is obvious to me that either Joe from Chicago can't read( not likely) or he has purposely avoided Clinton's speech of 12/16/1998 because it destroys his ridiculous premises.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 08:52 am
Italgato wrote:
I am not a law student but I do know some things about the law.

Then you are mistaken.

Italgato wrote:
Now, I defy Joe from Chicago to PROVE( not gasbag) PROVE that President Bush uttered a "falsehood" and that it was done "for the purpose of deception"

"Prove" that he didn't.

Italgato wrote:
Joe from Chicago can't do it. As I said, he must have fallen asleep in his class on Torts.

Lies don't constitute torts.

Italgato wrote:
I do hope that Joe from Chicago knows that in order to PROVE that President Bush lied,there would have to be a legal hearing.

Wrong.

Italgato wrote:
I am sure that Joe From Chicago can say- Bush lied and I will say it is your opinion that he lied, you cannot prove it. It is my opinion that he did not lie.

checkmate- Joe from Chicago.

Well, I guess we now learn of another subject about which gato knows nothing: chess.

Italgato wrote:
Perception, doesn't that sound as if Clinton thought that Saddam had weapons of Mass Desstuction and was going to deploy them and use them?

If Clinton sincerely believed that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, then he was wrong. To his credit, though, he didn't launch a war on the basis of this incorrect information.

Italgato wrote:
He even said- MARK MY WORDS.

But he didn't DOUBLE-DOG DARE the Iraqis, so it didn't count.

Italgato wrote:
How is that different from what Pipes said.

Pipes suggests that we have the evidence right now. He's a liar.

Italgato wrote:
It is obvious to me that either Joe from Chicago can't read( not likely) or he has purposely avoided Clinton's speech of 12/16/1998 because it destroys his ridiculous premises.

As with the writings of Richard Posner, it is not necessary to look at the source: eventually, gato, you'll simply repeat the whole thing.
0 Replies