Buying a new entry door

getroofingquotes

Sun 10 Feb, 2013 08:15 pm
@sozobe,
You also have to consider in buying your entry door is that the door must emphasized the character of your house. Since its the entry make it stand out and leave an impression to anyone who sees it..Wink
0 Replies

Amanda Dawson

Sat 16 Mar, 2013 04:43 am
@sozobe,
Looking to make a great first impression? How about switching out that overgrown cereal box you call a front door for an entry door that's as stylish and welcoming as you are? When it comes to adding some curb appeal to your home - and making a statement about who lives inside - your front door plays a leading role on the grand theater of your property.
0 Replies

stephenandy

Sun 17 Nov, 2013 07:28 pm
@sozobe,
We're going to change our entry door also but I think the said price of the man you are talking about is big.
0 Replies

CarlWatson

Tue 19 Nov, 2013 06:27 am
I like all the viewpoints. In my opinion alternative for purchasing brand new doors which will cost little more but they make more sense due to their energy efficiency in present doors as compared to older metal doors. I hate the storm doors maybe I lost a little in energy efficiency, but my front door was so much nicer looking without the storm.
0 Replies

mathewanderson

Tue 7 Jan, 2014 02:46 am
As you told above that door costs of $4000. I think it is so costly. you can try another one invery good design and style.
If you like this one you can go and fix it. All the best
0 Replies

broadwayofficefurnit

Mon 3 Feb, 2014 02:24 am
@sozobe,
Lots of idea above here.It is really very impressive.
0 Replies

courtneypatterson

Thu 29 Jan, 2015 05:01 am
@sozobe,
If you want to buy new entry door then firstly you should check the reputation in the community of doors company. The doors company should be able to provide you experts and experienced employees.
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Thu 29 Jan, 2015 08:51 am
Entrance doors must have good insulation.

Well, this requirement is a must when you live in areas with extremely hot or cold weather, even if it is seasonal.

Replacing the door alone will require of new weather strip insulation.

Replacing the door and frame together -as coming in the same set- will give you better insulation results because the fit is calibrated to its best.

From here, new expensive doors with windows, as pictured by you, usually have double or triple glass, or are gas insulated, and/or have similar new technology.

So, this is a first part to be reviewed.

The second part, is the style.

The more stylish with new technology added, the more expensive will be... duhhh.

Then, it will be opt to you, to mix both (energy conservation and style) or to go just for one of them in order to fit your budget.

Just remember that at the end, if you live in an area with rough weather, at the long run, a good insulated door will be the best for saving in gas or electric bills, depending of what kind of energy you use for heating, and if you need AC in your zone.

On the other hand, if you are thinking to put a screen door, then, the one with "style" will be the outsider door. In this scenario the entrance door style will be enjoyed mostly from the people inside, but from inside almost nobody look at the door, they look at the door lock instead.

Still, you want something bringing light to the room, and I strongly support that,.Day light coming from the door and windows makes people more positive, it makes you feel more "alive", it is great.

Doors last long, specially when you put a screen door at front, so, take the risk, invest in your comfort, just try to make it energy saver.

0 Replies

Fenesta

Wed 15 Apr, 2015 06:34 am
@panzade,
Now, there are different designs available in Market. You can go for French door, casement doors, sliding door and there are many more options. I can help you with better ideas and suggestions.
0 Replies

diz52

Wed 17 Jun, 2015 12:50 pm
make sure that the wood is teak or mahogany.these are best known for outdoor furniture cz of their durability
0 Replies

wendy69

Sun 28 Jun, 2015 05:42 pm
@sozobe,
It depends also how safe you want to be, which materials they are made of, and many other factors...
0 Replies

CynthiaGaines

Tue 21 Jul, 2015 07:12 am
If you are looking for a new entry door, then you must concern with master carpenter. He will definitely make a door as per your requirement.
0 Replies