Buying a new entry door

parados

Mon 18 Jun, 2012 11:01 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
U r confident that u r safe from rust.

A wood door left unpainted will rot before an unpainted steel door will rust through. Both require maintenance.
0 Replies

parados

Mon 18 Jun, 2012 11:04 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

I hope that no window glass
is within reach of the lock to your door. U deserve to be secure.

You need to temper your paranoia with reality David

http://www.diyhomeproducts.com/images/W/EZSET_Double_Deadbolt_US26.jpg
The lock requires a key on both sides of the door.
OmSigDAVID

Mon 18 Jun, 2012 11:30 am
@parados,
According to U, paranoia applies to strangers
whom I have never met, Parados???????
sozobe

Mon 18 Jun, 2012 11:30 am
Plenty secure, don't worry, David.

(The steel door is painted by the way, very resistant to the elements though yes we'll keep an eye on it and do maintenance as necessary.)
0 Replies

nqyringmind

Mon 18 Jun, 2012 11:34 am
@sozobe,
I love the Habitat For Humanity ReStores and Craigslist.
I have recently remodeled my house and probably
saved well over $30,000 with purchases from the two.
With both, you have to keep checking, but finding what you're looking for at 50%-80% less, makes it worth the wait.
You might also check auctions in your city. I have found a good weekly auction here in L.A.
They sell entire estates, power tools, home decor, furniture, even storage sheds..
often the stuff is new.
sozobe

Mon 18 Jun, 2012 11:42 am
@nqyringmind,
I like the Habitat for Humanity places too, I check in now and then for various goodies.

This worked out best because it was really custom -- not just any doors, but ones that almost exactly replicated the ones they were replacing (which we loved the look of, but they were old and drafty and generally deteriorating badly).
0 Replies

parados

Mon 18 Jun, 2012 12:35 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Could you phrase that statement in proper English?

Paranoia doesn't require knowing or not knowing people. Perhaps that's your problem David. You can be paranoid about others even if you have yet to meet them.
OmSigDAVID

Mon 18 Jun, 2012 04:42 pm
@parados,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
parados wrote:
Could you phrase that statement in proper English?
OK.
I can be lazy, in that I don 't have much energy. Here goes:
Do u allege that paranoia can be manifested VICARIOUSLY thru the means of strangers,
remote from the paranoiac whom he has never even met??
( See, I 'm scoffing at your implication, with my counter-implication of scorn.)

The essence of paranoia is that he who is afflicted by it
seeks to magnify HIS self-image, or in some cases,
the image held of him by others of interest to him (his or her friends).
By its nature, paranoia MUST BE ego-centric.
Vicarious paranoia is an oxymoronic contradiction-in-terms.
( I 'm thinking of a very paranoid girl, I used to date. )

Paranoia inheres in delusions of grandeur
or of persecution by powerful, impressive organizations.
Such delusions of persecution strongly imply that the paranoiac
is WORTH persecuting because of imaginary extraordinary talents
or arcane knowledge that r worth chasing by those powerful,
sinister organizations. SPECIAL, extraordinary personal worth is the paranoid delusion.
Of course, some people e.g. George Washington, Einstein really DO have special worth.

Accordingly, if I were paranoid about Soz,
I 'd have to be deluding myself that she has some strange,
superhuman abilities or knowledge that have become the cause
of her being chased, spied upon or persecuted by some impressive
people or organizations, e.g. the FBI, KGB (formerly) United Nations,
maybe a large corporation with unhealthy interests in her.

Bear in mind that I have never met Soz,
nor do I believe it likely that I ever will.
I am confident, from her posts, that Soz is
a very fine person, admirable in all respects,
but I deem it very unlikely that anyone,
or any sinister organizations have any unhealthy
interests in Soz, nor do thay have any predatory intentions toward her.
That does not necessarily render her residential premises
immune from common burglars who like ez access
to door locks thru broken windows in doors.

parados wrote:
Paranoia doesn't require knowing or not knowing people.
Perhaps that's your problem David.
You can be paranoid about others even if you have yet to meet them.
That is oxymoronic for the reasons hereinabove set forth.

David
0 Replies

Thomas L

Fri 27 Jul, 2012 05:22 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
You do realize that for you to safeguard your home against this issue, you'd have to get rid of all the glass windows around the house as well? Generally, burglars do not break the glass on doors to enter the home. They usually go through windows or jimmy open locks. This is the most ridiculous thing I've seen. Good luck making your home safe, fella.
0 Replies

mackllinvinger

Fri 31 Aug, 2012 01:41 am
NICE ENTRY DOOR COLLECTION.
0 Replies

home2decorate

Mon 10 Sep, 2012 05:59 am
There are so many stores where you can purchase the designing door at affordable prices without any compromising with quality. You can also ask to your home decorator for this. They will better help you in purchasing.
0 Replies

granite

Wed 12 Sep, 2012 01:35 am
@sozobe,
Hi Friends,
There are lots of interesting features inside that once played a big role but currently .A quest completed in BRD allows you to teleport into MC.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Wed 24 Oct, 2012 08:32 am

Soz:
I wonder whether u r interested in the subject matter
of my recent thread: http://able2know.org/topic/200517-1

David
0 Replies

MatinJohn

Thu 25 Oct, 2012 12:38 am
@sozobe,
Hello everybody,

A high-quality entrance door can significantly improve the appearance, energy-efficiency and security of your home. Getting a new door for your home can be a great way to dress up the entrance to your home. There are some important things to keep in mind when buying a new front door.

1. The current front door needs to be measured to ensure that the new front door will be a perfect fit. To measure the door you must know the height and the width of the door.
2. Choose the type of door that you want for a replacement. Doors come in many varieties like solid wood, French style doors and storm doors.
3. Do some window shopping to compare prices and styles of doors. Many times you can find comparable doors at a cheaper price at different stores, if you are on a budget, window shopping is a good way to save your money. Bring your paper and pen to note price and store and if it is on sale or not.
4. Make sure the door swings in the direction that you want it to before purchasing it. When the door is open it should lend the most room possible for the room, in case you wanted to move furniture or other large items through the door.

Best Regards,
Matin John
0 Replies

John marrison

Thu 25 Oct, 2012 10:10 pm
@sozobe,
Hello Community,

The front door makes a strong statement about your home. In fact, it's one of the first features a visitor sees. A beautiful, top-quality door improves your home's appearance, makes visitors feel welcome and boosts your home's curb appeal. Besides making a good impression, your entry door must also work hard. It must be durable enough to function smoothly year after year, tough enough to withstand the elements and strong enough to keep your home safe and secure. Entry doors are also known as door systems because they come pre-hung in a frame and are often pre-drilled for a knob and deadbolt. Unless a replacement door is part of a larger remodeling project, you may want the new door to be the same size as the old one. Choosing a larger door or adding sidelights means redoing the door framing around the door--a job best left to a contractor. Home centers generally offer installation or referral services. Unless you're a skilled carpenter, you may also want to hire a pro to install same-size doors.

Best Regards,
John Marrison
0 Replies

Anderson Smith

Mon 3 Dec, 2012 04:41 am
@sozobe,
When choosing a new front door for your home we understand that it will need to be weather proof, secure and long lasting providing a warm welcome to your home. I prefer UPVc door , an average solid wood composite door will cost up to three times as much as an UPVc Door.
0 Replies

arturoi

Thu 13 Dec, 2012 03:10 am
@sozobe,
I think the cost of the door what you want to buy, the price range of it may be $4000 to $7000.
0 Replies

Allenbravo

Tue 18 Dec, 2012 04:16 am
@sozobe,
Hello friends,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Allen Bravo from US , Today I have join this community, I am very happy today because I get a chance to discuses in this community so I hope you will accompany with me.........Thanks and nice day,

Best Regards.
Allen Bravo
0 Replies

BaronDavis

Wed 19 Dec, 2012 12:11 am
@sozobe,
Hello Members,

Entry doors are also known as door systems because they come pre-hung in a frame and are often predrilled for a knob and deadbolt. Unless a replacement door is part of a larger remodeling project, you may want the new door to be the same size as the old one. Choosing a larger door or adding sidelights means redoing the door framing around the door a job best left to a contractor. Home centers generally offer installation or referral services. Unless you're a skilled carpenter, you may also want to hire a pro to install same-size doors.

Best Regards,
Baron Davis
0 Replies

arturoi

Thu 20 Dec, 2012 07:20 am
@sozobe,
For good quality door you have to pay the price.
0 Replies