! Stoopid Spouse Purchases !

Chumly

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 10:17 am
Evvy once in a while Mrs. Chum comes home with something so ridiculously overpriced and/or needless that's it's damn hard to shut-the-****-up about it, even if that's the best thing for domestic tranquility.

Any-who, the latest absurdity is this piece of complete crap for $50.00. All it consists of is a few small scraps of welded 1/4" rod splattered with sloppy blobs of silver paint, and marketed as a so-called "Jewelry Hanger".

Good greif.........I could've welded that thing up for less than $5.00!

The wifely rationalization in the case was "I've been looking for something like this for years, but I did not know I needed it, until I saw it, so instead of continuing to look for another thing like this thing, and wasting lots of gas and time in the process, I decided to buy it now, so I can save lots of time and money."

So........what useless overpriced junk has your spouse brought home, and what bizarre justification did they put forth for its purchase, and did you mange shut-the-****-up about it, or no?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,141 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 10:28 am
Edit: "manage to shut-the-****-up about it, or no?" (mange!)

0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 02:11 pm
The SO brought home a kitchen garbage can that has a motion sensor on the top that automatically opens the lid of the garbage can. The thing is freaking huge and the damn motion sensor is overly sensitive; it opens when we walk by, when the dog's tail wags in front of it, when there's a light breeze in the house.

$100.....for a GARBAGE can.
Eva

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 02:47 pm
Hubby once paid good money at a going-out-of-business sale at a home center. Came home with a trolling motor. He was so proud of it!

We don't have a boat.
shewolfnm

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 02:51 pm
@maporsche,
*points and laughs*
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 03:27 pm
@maporsche,
Hey, I've got a garbage can that was darn near $100.00. I searched for almost a year for a can with a flat top, and finally found one in the w.w.grainger catalog. You have to step on a pedal to make it open; on the other hand, you don't need to plug it in.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 03:36 pm
Ahhh..

I cant laugh.
I have an 80.00 trash can myself.

had it for years

No sensor. Just a flat, spinning top with thin rubber seals around it so that you dont 'smell' whats in side.
Looks like ones you see in restaurants.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 04:21 pm
http://www.amazon.com/iTouchless-Stainless-Steel-Hands-Free-13-Gallon-Automatic/dp/B000EJVYTS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1245622841&sr=8-1

This is the one we have....I wouldn't even pay their sale price for it.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 04:25 pm
Oh, and can I complain about my SO's compulsive need to buy the dogs toys just about every day on her way home from work.

We probably have 50 different dog toys for our two labs. And wouldn't you know it, they're way more interested in a stick they found in the park.
shewolfnm

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 06:52 pm
Mine looks a little like this one

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/Product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=16050024

except that the top does not have a handle. It is flat and spins around. Mine is also a bit wider.

I decided to get that one because of the removable liner. You can keep it cleaner then the regular white trash cans. I also do not want to buy another one ever again.
I have had this trash can going on.. 6 years.. ? Dont want to replace it. Ever.

but.. that price?
whooooo.. hurt.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 07:03 pm
@Eva,
Quote:
Hubby once paid good money at a going-out-of-business sale at a home center.

Men will buy anything they think a store is losing money on.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2009 07:05 pm
@maporsche,
Is 'lab' another name for 'cat'? Sure sounds like it.
0 Replies