Sarah Palin thinks David Letterman is a meanie and a creep

Yankee

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2009 07:35 am
@Setanta,
Laughing Laughing Laughing

No it is YOUR assessment, not a realistic assessment.

You need to grow up, young man.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2009 07:41 am
Dude ! ! !

Once gain, Fox, it appears that the only argument you can advance is to make belittling remarks suggesting that your interlocutors are childish, or actually children. I may not be as ancient and decrepit as you are, Fox, but i ceased to be a young man decades ago.

Saying my assessment is not valid is easy enough--demonstrating it is another thing altogether, and the kind of effort you consistently demonstrate is beyond your capabilities. But there is a really hilarious irony in seeing you attempt to support Advocate's argument.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2009 10:31 am
@Setanta,
You really are an obnoxious POS.

First, I am not hysterical about Palin. I just thought it was worth discussing the possibility of her growing political power. I see her popularity growing and recently noticed that she out-polls Romney, a truly intelligent and accomplished Rep.

Regarding her educational background, this is somewhat unimportant to the conservative voter. Certainly Dan Quayle and Spiro Agnew didn't hurt their winning presidential tickets despite their sub par educational backgrounds. There is little doubt that Palin is sufficiently goofy to be attractive to the conservative voter.

While the Palin threat is not imminent or definite, my position is that it would be folly to ignore it. She would be an absolute disaster as president.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2009 10:33 am
Kiss, kiss, sweetie pie . . . you old charm school drop-out . . .
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2009 12:17 pm
I wanted to ask one more question about Palin's and her husband's response to these jokes, then I'll leave it alone.

If they were jokes about statutory rape, and that was one of the main things that upset her so much, then why did she gleefully and joyfully welcome the rapist who knocked up her daughter Bristol into her family last year? Is he not a degenerate sicko too?
Advocate

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2009 12:33 pm
@kickycan,
Good point! It is just some more Palin hypocrisy.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2009 03:13 pm
@kickycan,
Isn't there something in the law that says if an 18 year old knocks up a 17 year old that it's not statutory rape?

Regardless, I'm sure even those of us FAR on the left, can see quite a bit of a difference between that and A-Rod or Spitzer knocking up a 14 year old.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2009 03:17 pm
The laws vary from state to state. It is common, however, that states have age ranges within which statutory rape cannot occur.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2009 08:15 pm

It's over.

Letterman Apologizes to Palin Family, Everyone 'Outraged' By Joke

Women's Advocacy Group Leader Blasts Letterman's Jokes About Palin, Calls for Apology

Advocate

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2009 09:30 pm
@H2O MAN,
I wager you will never see Palin ap0logize for all her lies and slanders.
Advocate

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2009 09:32 pm
@H2O MAN,
I wager you will never see Palin ap0logize for all her slanders.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2009 09:32 pm
@H2O MAN,
I wager you will never see Palin ap0logize for all her slanders.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 04:54 am
@kickycan,
kickycan wrote:

I wanted to ask one more question about Palin's and her husband's response to these jokes, then I'll leave it alone.

If they were jokes about statutory rape, and that was one of the main things that upset her so much, then why did she gleefully and joyfully welcome the rapist who knocked up her daughter Bristol into her family last year? Is he not a degenerate sicko too?

How was Levi Johnston a rapist???
Brandon9000

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 04:55 am
So, liberals, Letterman, himself disagrees with you:

"...But the joke really, in and of itself, can’t be defended."
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 05:41 am
@Advocate,

Why would she need to apologize for something that never occurred?

0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 05:49 am
fortunately the troops in Iraq/Afghanistan are fighting the good fight to protect Palin and her daughters from the likes of Letterman.
Setanta

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 05:55 am
@Brandon9000,
Upon what basis do you allege that "liberals," all liberals (by inference from your lack of any distinction), have claimed that Letterman's joke was defensible? That is the implication of your snotty remark. For someone who approaches scientific subjects with a laudable and appropriate rigor, it's just pathetic was passes for logic and debate with you when the subject turns to politics.
0 Replies

Yankee

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 05:57 am
I find this entire Letterman situation to be full of hypocrisy.

You may recall another radio host made a tasteless attempt of a joke about adult women and referred to them as Nappy Headed Ho's. He apologized. He was fired from his job and rightfully so IMO.

Letterman made a tasteless attempt of a joke about a 14 year old child getting "knocked up" at a ballgame. He apologized.

Should he too receive at least a suspension from his employers?

If not, would you feel this is a double standard?
dyslexia

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 05:58 am
@Yankee,
no.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 06:00 am
@dyslexia,

They are also fighting the good fight to protect you, TKO, Cyclotroll and your buddy Obama
0 Replies