Sarah Palin thinks David Letterman is a meanie and a creep

genoves

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 02:18 pm
@panzade,
You are correct-Panzade-But, Most people do not know what the Definition of RACISM is. That is a term that is thrown around carelessly. Here is the definition:

A doctrine that INHERENT differences among the various human races determine cultural or human achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior.

Under that definition, the Minister Farrakhan is a racist.

However, what about people, who are not African-American, who extoll the virtues of such people as
Judge Clarence Thomas, Dr. Thomas Sowell and/or Shelby Steele?

It would seem that they do not fall under the definition above since they are praising the excellences of people which are not of their own race.

0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 04:25 pm
@genoves,
genoves wrote:

H2O-- The never very funny Litterman was always in Leno's shadow.

Letterman was around way before Leno, you twit. How can someone always be someone else's shadow when they were there first?
ehBeth

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 04:29 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

ehBeth wrote:

Don't put your kids on the stage if you've got an issue with them getting public attention.

Sasha and Malia were on stage.

Fair game?

why not?
maporsche

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 10:00 pm
@ehBeth,
I think kids are off limits, but hey, to each their own.
roger

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2009 10:43 pm
@maporsche,
I would say off limits as a reflection of their parents, but fair game if they are newsworthy in their own right.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 02:25 am
I can remember Letterman doing a job on Paris Hilton. Even poor little rich girls don't deserve his "smack them when they are down" humor.

Granted, the Palins are an anomaly and "must be contained".
0 Replies

Yankee

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 06:12 am
I see someone added a TAG line that says "BRISTOL PALIN IS A SLUT".

I find that interesting.

My guess is that the poster who added that TAG line must believe that any female who has a child outside of marriage is a slut.

Seems to me that Democrats go out of their way to attack Gov Palin and her family continually and with much malice.

I suppose one could criticize Gov Palin for her political point of view or for her record as a Governor.

Yet, I wonder if Democrats have some sense of fear about her that causes them to attack her and her family in order to try to minimize whatever influence she may have within her party.

Children act like that when they feel threatened. Name calling, lies etc...

Interesting dynamic.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 06:32 am
I am not in favor of going after a celebrity's children, regardless of afiliation. Still, it is obvious Palin is making as much political hay as possible out of this, promoting her own self interest and keeping her daughters in the limelight.
Setanta

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 06:38 am
So, Yankee is claiming that David Letterman represents all Democrats, and/or that all Democrats agree with everything Letterman says? Is that what he thinks constitutes a reasonable assessment of the attitudes of Democrats?

Interesting dynamic.
Yankee

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 06:54 am
@Setanta,
Is that what I posted, Setanta?

Did I actually say Letterman represents ALL Democrats?

What made you come to that conclusion?
Yankee

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 06:55 am
@edgarblythe,
She sure is as is David Letterman.

Free air time for both.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 07:00 am
@Yankee,
Yankee wrote:

In your earlier post . . .

You wrote:
Seems to me that Democrats go out of their way to attack Gov Palin and her family continually and with much malice.

. . .

Yet, I wonder if Democrats have some sense of fear about her that causes them to attack her and her family in order to try to minimize whatever influence she may have within her party.

Given that you make no distinctions among Democrats, in a discussion of what Letterman said, the 0nly logical conclusion is that you are referring all the Democrats, and inferring that Letterman's stupidity is illustrative of their attitudes.

But let's take this down to the level of what words and punctuation remarks mean. I didn't state that this was what you said, i did not come to any conclusion. Rather, i applied logic to your post, and i asked you if that were so. After all, if you're going to attribute Letterman's lame humor to Democrats in general, and make no distinction among Democrats, but simply make stupid remarks about them, what kind of response do you expect you would get?
Yankee

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 07:24 am
@Setanta,
I expect a more thoughtful and respectful response then what you just provided.

I am going to guess you are a Democrat or at least support their agenda and you have little tolerance for any objective point of view that questions that loyal to the "party".

Sometime , "logic" can get twisted like a pretzel. Seems you put salt on your "pretzel".
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 07:31 am
I don't eat pretzels, i consider them tasteless and bland . . . much like the things you post.

What do you allege was "disrespectful" in my post? I called you no names, and i showed exactly why i asked what i asked. Your claim about your expectations is hilarious, and it is false. There was thought behind my response, and it is there for anyone to read. You took a remark made by one person, David Letterman, and from that you extrapolate a claim about how Democrats (and since you didn't specify any Democrats, and didn't use a qualifier such as "some Democrats," the question of whether or not you mean all Democrats is valid and implicit) treat Palin. From there, you build to a broad, generalizing condemnation of Democrats.

There was nothing disrespectful about my response, which is not, however, the same as saying that i have any respect for what you've written--i don't. All i see in your post is a partisan cheap shot, for which you provide no substantiation, and with which you intend to libel all Democrats, without distinction.

I would adopt the same attitude to anyone making such an idiotic characterization of Republicans.

There's the disrespect you were hoping for . . . clown.
wandeljw

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 07:55 am
@Yankee,
Yankee wrote:

I find that interesting.

My guess is that the poster who added that TAG line must believe that any female who has a child outside of marriage is a slut.

I suppose one could criticize Gov Palin for her political point of view or for her record as a Governor.

Interesting dynamic.

Do you feel threatened, Yankee? Why are you singling out Democrats?
Yankee

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 08:24 am
@wandeljw,
Since I have not heard any so called "republicans" bashing Sarah Palin lately.......

Isn't it obvious? Apparently not.
Yankee

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 08:28 am
@Setanta,
Clown? Laughing

You must think very highly of yourself.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 08:40 am
I thought Letterman was picking on Spitzer and ARod more than the Palin's.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 08:50 am
@Yankee,
Yankee wrote:

Since I have not heard any so called "republicans" bashing Sarah Palin lately.......

Isn't it obvious? Apparently not.

I hope that you no longer think this is obvious. You would be assuming that everyone who is not a republican is a democrat. You would also be assuming that Palin has never been bashed by someone who considers themself a republican.
revel

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 08:50 am
Yankee Post: # 3,674,931

Tasteless I agree

I find that interesting.
No more some other tag lines.

'Who knows?

Letterman is not all democrats.

Yes one could and has to a great extent.

She is a 'has been' who thankfully is not a vice president, don’t see she would have anymore influence than Rush and other loud mouth republican speakers.

Yea and some adults as well.

So?

Interesting dynamic.
Not really, just kind of typical lately in a2k lately.

Yankee Post 3674943)

Since Letterman made the joke and then you made the above remarks concerning democrats in post # 3,674,931, it is reasonable to assume you think Letterman represents all democrats since other than Letterman no democrats are really going on about Palin or her daughter too much.

Way back when Palin mattered, I thought it was going too far to attack her daughter regardless of whether Palin used her as a political tool in the pro-life stance or not (which she did.) I believe other democrats or those who were just not in favor of the McCain/Palin ticket expressed the same here in these threads in the time in question. Of course with you being new here, you might not be aware.