Sarah Palin thinks David Letterman is a meanie and a creep

Setanta

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2009 08:28 am
Comparing Palin to Hitler is gratuitous and unwarranted. It is also, of course, an invocation of Godwin's law. I doubt that any "liberal" who can realistically assess the contemporary political scene is frightened of her.

This is one of the best things that could happen to her, given that nothing about her stint as governor of Alaska is going to keep her in the public eye. Letterman is a jackass, but he did her a big favor with his idiocy.
JTT

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2009 01:02 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Comparing Palin to Hitler is gratuitous and unwarranted. It is also, of course, an invocation of Godwin's law.

'unwarranted' is gratuitous. And no, it was clearly not an "invocation" of Godwin's Law and even if it were, it's well to remember that Godwin doesn't rule how people choose to use language.

Further, there was no qualitative comparison made between Hitler and Palin. The idea, an unrealistic one to be sure, at least as regards Hitler, was that people who can do great harm should be "knocked down" early.

With someone as intellectually deficient as Palin, that's a given. Look how close she was to real power. Her deficiencies should be highlighted at every opportunity; look what the hell was elected for the last eight years, Dumb and Dumber. An excellent argument could be made that had McC & P been elected, much greater harm would have ensued.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2009 01:18 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

I agree that a lot of libs, myself included, view Palin as a threat.

Palin is a breath of fresh air.
Obama is a threat to the world.
Advocate

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2009 01:20 pm
Palin is not a big threat in her current status. However, should she become president (which history should tell you is quite possible), she could well be a terrible threat to the country and the world. She might act like another Bush and attack other countries preemptively or in order to grab their resources. I'm sure that there is some Rep Karl Rove-type person out there viewing Palin as the perfect vehicle for getting to the White House.

Have you heard about Palin's history regarding toxic waste dumping. She feels that this is a great use of the state's resources.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2009 01:22 pm
@H2O MAN,
With someone as intellectually deficient as Palin, it's a given that she would seem like a breath of fresh air to those who are even more intellectually deficient.

Yankee

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2009 07:25 am
@JTT,
Why is it you folks fear this woman? Intellectually deficient? Have you told the citizens of Alaska about that?

I am coming to the conclusion that Democrats can not win the debate of ideas with Gov. Palin so they must "trash" her and her family to make themselves feel better about themselves.

Just like little children do.
Setanta

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2009 07:53 am
What evidence is there that anyone here "fears" the clown from Alaska? About as much evidence as there is that the clown Letterman speaks for all Democrats. You weren't around yesterday Fox, what happened?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2009 09:17 am
@Yankee,
Yankee wrote:

Why is it you folks fear this woman?

I don't know about anyone else, but I have always had an irrational fear of slutty flight attendants.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2009 09:28 am
Set, I am curious. When GWB was still a governor, did you view him as a potential threat to the country and the world? In view of his performance over the eight years, I think you would agree that he (and his minions) have caused incalculable damage to the country and the world. Palin's record shows that she, like GWB, is a dangerous ignoramus with views that are as bad or worse than those held by GWB. Thus, her political career should, at almost any cost, be shot down.
Setanta

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2009 09:41 am
@Advocate,
Whether or not you'll excuse me for it, i refuse to partake of your paranoia.
JTT

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2009 11:20 am
@Yankee,
If you haven't been able to tell from the exposure that she has had to date, Yankee, then there really isn't much to say. Why you folks seem intent on embracing incompetents, Reagan, Bush, Palin, ..., is truly beyond me and I've mentioned this more than once.

"debate of ideas", with Palin, come off it. Even the Repubs were smart enough to know that she was incapable of that so they yanked her from the debate scene.
JTT

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2009 11:26 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Whether or not you'll excuse me for it, i refuse to partake of your paranoia.

Reads: "You've blown my specious idea to smithereens so I'll take a pass rather than embarrass myself further. In a feeble attempt to disguise my chickenshit behavior, I'll throw out some unwarranted personal attack. God, but I'm dthpikable!"
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2009 12:20 pm
@JTT,
As you may know, Palin recently made a policy statement. However, it turned out to be plagiarized from a Gingrich statement made over 10 years ago.
Setanta

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2009 02:04 pm
@Advocate,
There should be a clue in there for you about your idiotic comparison of Palin to Bush. Palin's game is so pathetic, she can't even find a speechwriter who can repackage the partisan drivel in new words. Because i'm sure you don't understand, let me point out some other differences for you. Alaska is not a major state in terms of population or electoral votes--Texas is. Palin's daddy wasn't a big political player--Bush's daddy was the Director of Central Intelligence, the Chairman of the Republican National Committee, twice Vice President of the United States, and served one term as President of the United States. Palin's daddy was not able to introduce her into the corridors of power--Buth's daddy not only introduced him to the big boys of Texas oil, he set him up, more than once, in business. Palin attended four different community colleges, colleges and universities on five different occassions to get her degree, none of them major universities in the accepted sense of the word--Bush attended Yale where he obtained a bachelor's degree, and then got an MBA from Harvard (you make hold his education in contempt, but it was more than adequate credentials for those who voted for him).

So your hysterical rant about Palin qua Bush is nonsense, which is why i describe it as paranoia. Bush managed to get almost all mainstream Republicans to vote for him, and in 2004, a considerable number of those who had voted Democratic in 2000. Palin can't get the support of the majority of Republicans.

So let me return to my original statement--i doubt that any "liberal" who can realistically assess the contemporary political scene is afraid of Palin.
Yankee

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2009 06:26 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Alaska is not a major state in terms of population or electoral votes

The Great State of Alaska is VITAL to the security of the US as well as being vital for it's natural resources. I think you should respect it's citizens and their Governor. That would be the mature thing to do.

Quote:
i doubt that any "liberal" who can realistically assess the contemporary political scene is afraid of Palin.

I find that comment curious as it seems every time Gov Palin goes to a Charitable event (like recently in NY City), Democratic supports get in a tizzy and start attacking this woman and her family for no apparent reason. Are you so upset that she actually supported a charity which aids the developmentally disabled?

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2009 06:35 am
Dude ! ! !

Try keeping up with the discussion in its context, Fox. In a comparison of Palin as a potential presidential candidate, and George Bush as a potential presidential candidate, "the Great State of Alaska" is not a major state in terms of population (you know, the popular vote?) nor in electoral votes--which Texas is.

As for who or who does not get in a tizzy whenever Palin attends a charitable event, it wouldn't be me, so your remark is irrelevant on that basis. But it is equivalent to the brain dead fling you had at Democrats with your alleged logic that Letterman>Democrat>all Democrats. As usual, you are long on thoughtless rhetoric, and short on evidence. What evidence can you advance that active members of the Democratic party habitually attack Palin when she attends a charitable event? You saying as much doesn't count.
Yankee

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2009 06:44 am
@Setanta,
Your sarcasm is apparent and in line with your juvenile behavior and responses.

A thoughtful observer would sense that each time you disparage Gov Palin's intelligence and family, you directly insult the Citizens of Alaska. You have yet to criticize her on any of her policies as Governor which is consistent with your youthful ignorance.

Your inability to rationalize the written word may be a reason you jump to a conclusion such as Letterman>Democrat>all Democrats.

I think you need another "time-out".
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2009 06:49 am
Dude ! ! !

Once again, your only apparent weapon in debate is to state or imply that your interlocutor is childish, or actually a child--you certainly employ no evidence and nothing remotely resembling logic in your diatribes. At no time have i disparaged Palin's intelligence, and i have not made a single invidious or slighting remark about Palin or her family. You are the one who used Letterman's remark as a launching point to vilify Democrats, and as you made no further distinction, the obvious inference is that you spoke of all Democrats. You really have come to a gun fight armed with a small stick.
Yankee

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2009 07:27 am
@Setanta,
Young man, you are hopelessly lost in confusion.

Who said the following?

Quote:
Palin's game is so pathetic, she can't even find a speechwriter who can repackage the partisan drivel in new words.

YOU DID!!!!

Care to explain WHY she is "pathetic? Or maybe in your mind, this is a compliment.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2009 07:29 am
No, it's a realistic assessment of her political "threat." I didn't say she is pathetic, i said her game is pathetic. These are distinctions which apparently you are unable to understand.

Advocate is all aquiver at the thought of the threat Palin represents. My point in that remark, and all the others i have made about her and about Alaska is that a comparison of Palin to Bush as a potentially successful presidential candidate is risible. Advocate's paranoia in regard to Palin is hilarious--much as are the things you post.

Dude.