Sarah Palin thinks David Letterman is a meanie and a creep

wandeljw

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 02:29 pm
@maporsche,
My guess is that the joke was written by someone on his writing staff. When people hear about Gov. Palin and "her teenage daughter" most would assume Bristol. Prior to this, there has been no publicity about Willow.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 02:56 pm
@aidan,

PrezBO promised change and this trend represents real change.
maporsche

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 02:57 pm
@wandeljw,
I left the possibility out there that Letterman didn't know.

I don't think it's accurate to paint this off as a "writing staff" mistake. Letterman's show is rehearsed, he knew the joke was there, he opted to say it anyway. Therefore any criticism is on his head.

If Letterman really thought it was Bristol at the game/in NYC w/ Palin then he should apologize for mistakenly joking about statutory rape on a girl who is not in the public arena. He made a mistake and he didn't check his facts. Whoops!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 03:06 pm
@Yankee,
Oh, i'm calm . . . you're the one who is getting all worked up over nothing here, and making hilariously ridiculous statements about Democrats, what they believe and how they behave. It is actually pathetically simple to comprehend your partisan rage.

I don't take strong drink, and that includes beer. However, an overindulgence in beer might serve as an excuse for you for the idiocy in which you have indulged today.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 03:08 pm

The bottom line:

Sarah Palin is a real threat to democrats and they will do anything to trash her.
They will use any tool at their disposal including the liberal media to attack Mrs. Palin.
Liberals are afraid of this woman. She can easily best any liberal man or woman pit against her.
Liberal democrats fear Sarah Palin... and they should because she is better than them.
aidan

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 03:14 pm
@H2O MAN,

Quote:
PrezBO promised change and this trend represents real change
that's sort of a stretch, but keep reaching
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 03:15 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
The bottom line:

Sarah Palin is a real threat to democrats and they will do anything to trash her.
They will use any tool at their disposal including the liberal media to attack Mrs. Palin.
Liberals are afraid of this woman. She can easily best any liberal man or woman pit against her.
Liberal democrats fear Sarah Palin... and they should because she is better than them.

There's another stretch...
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 03:18 pm
@aidan,

Liberal democrats are stretching like never before just to trash Palin.
aidan

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 03:26 pm
@H2O MAN,
Really, that's interesting and contradicts everything I've read in the press over here that summarizes the Republican response to what was perceived to be the major gaffe John McCain made in choosing Sarah Palin as his running mate and essentially ensuring he lost the election, as an effort to distance themselves from her and do the best they can to let that somewhat embarrassing moment in their party's history fade to black. In other words, everything I've read seems to point to the fact that no one is convinced of Sarah Palin's political prowess anymore - not even her own party.

So I'd find it interesting that you think Democrats are threatened by her.

I think this is just one more sad, mean joke in the status quo or trend in American popular culture to make sad, mean jokes and cheap shots wherever they make themselves available at whoever seems to be the most popular target of the moment.

It's the opposite of change - it's business as usual.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 03:32 pm
@aidan,
aidan wrote:

Really, that's interesting ...

Interesting and true.

The liberal democrat media has been attacking Palin since day one and they have not let up a bit.

They do this because they fear her.

aidan

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 03:35 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:

They do this because they fear her.

That could be true, because maybe they're like me and the thought of someone like her running our country fills them with abject fear.
Yeah, that makes sense.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 03:38 pm
@aidan,

You and others like you share a senseless and irrational fear of Palin.
The thought of a free thinking, self reliant strong woman scares the hell out of you.
aidan

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 03:42 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
The thought of a free thinking, self reliant strong woman scares the hell out of you.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Sorry H2O man, but no it doesn't. I'm surrounded by them in my family. I happen to be one myself.

I'm not even gonna say that she's not that. I think she may well be - free thinking for sure - she thinks really differently than most people I'd choose to run the country - but that doesn't mean her thoughts aren't free in her own special way.

I'll be nice and say that I think she should concentrate on being a mother right now.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 04:28 pm
@Yankee,
Responding to long-term member of A2K, the newbie known as Yankee wrote:
You can't recognize that, since you do act as a child sometimes.

Yankee, a new member with the tenure of one week, purports to have an unwarranted familiarity with a long-term member. This indicates that "Yankee" was likely created by another member to add another "conservative" anti-Democrat voice to her legion.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 05:56 pm
@kickycan,
kickycan wrote:
Letterman was around way before Leno, you twit. How can someone always be someone else's shadow when they were there first?

It's refreshing to see you again, Kicky.
Advocate

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 06:10 pm
@H2O MAN,
Sarah is more than a danger to the Dems. She is a danger to the world. She is clearly a rightwing ignoramous who could endanger the world. Moreover, the Reps have shown that they can elect such people to be president. A good example is GWB, who certainly proved to be a threat to the world.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 06:29 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:

It'd be as bad as having you on the ticket, any ticket, dogcatcher, whatever.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2009 04:00 am
@Thomas,
Good to see you too, Thomas.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2009 08:02 am
June 13, 2009

BY MARY MITCHELL Sun-Times Columnist
Nonsense blurted out last week by two gray-haired public figures made them look like they had lost it.

Let's start with David Letterman, the late-night talk-show host known for his deadpan humor.

Comedians get away with some tacky jokes about public figures.

But Letterman pretty much miscalculated the "Palin" mystique.

Sarah and Todd Palin, along with their 14-year-old daughter, Willow, attended a Yankees game while in New York recently, giving Letterman fresh fodder.

The comedian told his viewers that "an awkward moment" occurred for Sarah Palin when, "during the seventh inning, her daughter was knocked up by Alex Rodriguez."

"Knocked up?" Forget for a moment that the joke was beneath the level of a host who is considered the king of late-night comedy. But "knocked up" is a crass term that reflects a negative attitude about pregnant women.

And the Palin family seized the opportunity to exploit Letterman's "despicable" joke by claiming the funnyman was talking about Willow.

Letterman, of course, left himself wide open. Because while some people might think Bristol Palin deserves to be the butt of bad jokes, she might just be the most popular teenage mom since Jamie Lee Spears.

By dragging Willow into the dust-up, the Palins are again able to divert attention away from the real issues involving their oldest daughter.

Bristol is an 18-year-old unmarried mother who is going through baby-daddy drama. As such, her life mocks the family values conservatives such as her mother preach.

Ironically, Letterman's poor taste most likely will help Palin further her political agenda.

Even though Letterman issued a half-hearted apology, saying he never, never makes jokes about raping or having sex with a 14-year-old girl, he came off looking like an aging bully.

0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2009 08:18 am
@H2O MAN,
I agree that a lot of libs, myself included, view Palin as a threat. I hope most of them will, indeed, work hard to have her peacefully removed from the national stage. She should be neutralized just as Hitler should have been taken out in his early years. Palin is a potential threat to the country and to the world.