HAS GORDON SCREWED THE POOCH?

Setanta

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 12:03 pm
Has Gordon Brown so screwed his cabinet, so discredited Labour, that he can no longer govern? Is it all going to Hell in a hand car for Gordy? What do you think, goys and birls? Anyone wanna start a poll on how long he'll last?

Setanta

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 12:07 pm
Hello?
Setanta

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 12:08 pm
OK, let's have a show of hands here.

How many of you know who Gordon Brown is?

How many of you know why i capitalized the word "Labour," and spelled it in that barbaric manner?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 12:09 pm
Oops . . . that should have been, start a pool . . .
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 12:15 pm
is this the same gordon brown who runs the hot air factory over on downing street, #10 i think, his labour prices are too high in my opinion
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 12:16 pm
That's the guy . . . the line from Downing Street is that he's hangin' tough . . . i'm skeptical . . . i'm also sleepy . . . i may take a nap here for a while . . .
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 12:16 pm
I always thought Brown would fail, but I have not watched him closely enough to know how and why he finally set himslf up for it.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 12:18 pm
With the elections looming and the recent resignation of 4 PM's, 2 from cabinet level positions, it would appear as though Labour and Brown are indeed doomed. But who can tell in British politics?
Setanta

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 12:19 pm
@edgarblythe,
Run over to Google News, EB, and do a search on his name. It's quite entertaining, in a "rats deserting a sinking ship" sort of way.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 12:19 pm
I would say that he is in fact screwed, if not for the fact that the public hardly seems to like the other team any better.

Cycloptichorn
djjd62

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 12:22 pm
an interesting aside, i listen to a podcast of The Scott Mills Show on Radio 1, they play a game in studio that involves people on the show guessing the answers to response to various questions or situations, they regularly go out onto "stupid street", a street near the Radio 1 offices, one day they posed this question, they showed 10 people a photo of the entrance to 10 Downing Street and asked them who lived there, they also asked them who lives in a pineapple under the sea, not 1 person said Gordon Brown (they would have accepted the Prime Minister) and everybody got Spongebob Squarepants
Setanta

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 12:28 pm
@McGentrix,
Uhm . . . don't you mean four MPs?
McGentrix

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 12:29 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Uhm . . . don't you mean four MPs?

Yes, that would be what I meant.
Setanta

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 12:29 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
That may be the only thing that can save him . . .
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 12:48 pm
@Setanta,

Daniel Hannan recently gave him a rather feisty and very publicized tongue lashing

We need our very own Daniel Hannan here in the states to dress down Obama and his supporters in the same manner.
djjd62

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 12:50 pm
@H2O MAN,
you need a multi party system
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 12:52 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

you need a multi party system

Agreed.

The only way that would work is if we first cleaned out all existing politicians in the house, senate and white house.
djjd62

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 12:59 pm
@H2O MAN,
i could see the conservative party splitting into a hardcore more fundamentalist group and a more moderate group, the moderates would probably be able to pull liberals who are put off by the fundamentalism the now see as core to the conservative party
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 01:07 pm
@djjd62,

The Libertarian party is in place and ready to move, but the Republicrats, Democans
and main stream media are working together to prevent them from participating.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 01:29 pm
@djjd62,
Quote:
. . . one day they posed this question, they showed 10 people a photo of the entrance to 10 Downing Street and asked them who lived there, they also asked them who lives in a pineapple under the sea, not 1 person said Gordon Brown (they would have accepted the Prime Minister) and everybody got Spongebob Squarepants

Yeah, but -- to paraphrase the Bambino -- SpongeBob had a better year.
0 Replies