Religion & Marriage

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 11:24 pm
In a marriage, if the male doez not co-operate with the wife at all, then what should she do ?

He sayz, "I am the Head of the house and whatever I say goes... no questionz asked!!" Twisted Evil
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,112 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 12:21 am
She should have a meeting of the Board of Directors, fire his arze and begin interviewing for his replacement in the morning.

Everybody knows a Chairman of the Board beats a Head of the House, even if he thinks he's the royal flush.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 12:26 am
He wouldn't be in my house for long with a statement like that.
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 12:33 am
Definitely one of the reasons I never married...he would be like the man from Africa who ended up with twisted testicles....(oops that guys died....hehehehe)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 12:35 am
LOL! I've never married either.
0 Replies

bigun

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 08:22 am
He probably feels his authroity is threatened. Did you tell him to do something, or did you ask him? Also, it depends what you did ask/tell him what to do. That's all I can figure for now.
0 Replies

IDEAL Singh

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 08:50 am
How would you tackle if this kind of situation arises someday. but before going to extreame...
0 Replies

bigun

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 09:09 am
Me, personally, I would ask him what does being the "head of house" entail to him. Ask him what he feels his role is in the house. If he feeds you a line of, "I'm the head of house thats my roll!". Then ask him, "Yeah, but what do you *do*?". Emphasis on ->do<-. That would be my first step.....talk, if you can.
0 Replies

IDEAL Singh

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 09:47 am
Why is marriage called a COMPROMISE?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 10:23 am
I wouldn't stay with any man that would allow those words to float out of his mouth and no man will ever be the head of my household.

Compromises are suppose to be made by both partners in a home to keep everything organized, etc... Some men think that it's the womans job to cook, clean, and take care of the kids, while they go out and mow the lawn once a week. Well, needless to say, those are the men that are still living in the dark ages when women didn't actually have to go out and work full time. Unbelievable amounts of women still let men get away with this while they go to their full time jobs, work all day and then come home to cook for their family and clean all night. Not this gal, never happen ;-)
0 Replies

bigun

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 10:25 am
Because you end up comprimising every arguement until you both are happy. Smile

I was just saying though, let him tell you what he believes he is supposed to do. You go from there, letting him know what you think is and is not fair. There is no way to control any one person. The only person you *can* control is yourself. So if he believes that all he is supposed to to is sit around and give orders, let him, but who says your supposed to do them. Your not a slave and neither is he, him feeling superior is something he is going to have to come to grips with. Let him know that he is not and that it is a *team* effort. If he believes that he has complete control, let him think so, you know whithin yourself you are *not* controlled. Thats all you need, and that makes you the better person.

Also, rememeber he may have been spouting out steam. We all have said things we have regreted.
0 Replies

Muhammed abdelfatah

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 08:31 am
hi people
you have reasonable mind bigun and you have also very logical way of thinking and i congratulate you on that
my opinion is as same as bigun and i like to add that if you want to change somebody you have to change his surroundings and he will change by him self so you shoul first know what is the real reason is it his culture or his friends or both and then you try wisely to get him envolved in some group of people that believe in what you want if he's social but you must do this without he feels you are trying and the outcome will depend on your patience and efforts and remember that the time is a part of remedy
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 09:32 am
My opinion is YOU CAN'T CHANGE SOMEONE.

If you wanted them to change, you shouldn't have married them to begin with.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 09:46 am
I agree with Kristie.
You marry someone for who they are not what you can make them.
If you want to make someone... go buy a piece of clay. hehe
You can set up RULES as to how you are spoken to, referred to and what you will and will not accept in his behavior, but change? Nah.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 12:34 pm
Head of Household
In the "olden" days, every state in the union either by statutory or common law designated the husband as the "head of household." Those laws were abolished because they unlawfully discriminated against women. People -- women included -- are entitled to equal protection of the laws. It's in the Constitution -- the Fourteenth Amendment to be exact.

By announcing that he is the head of the household and his word is law, your hubby has totally missed out on the social evolution of the sexes for at least the last one hundred years. In case he hasn't noticed, women can vote now and they even wear pants. Ha!

More than anything, your hubby's announcement is a sign of immaturity. He simply thinks he can rely on his gender as a "man" to get his way. If he can't come up with a better way to communicate with you other than stating, "I'm the man," there doesn't appear to be much room for growth in the relationship.
0 Replies