Should we respect All ELDERz ?

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 11:20 pm
Should we respect all Elderz ?

This problem iz being faced by us pretty commonly... I am narrating the story of my friend...

The problem iz his grandaprentz esp. grandmother are absolutely dual in nature... They have diff. set of rulez for daughter/daughter in law, son/son in law and this has been creating troubles for past 20 years. I have myself seen ...that lady iz too egoistic even to deal with her daughter in law of 20 years and i dont know why both of them are always there to insult there son in the society... i know the son very well... he is a great man... i dont know how he is putting up with his parents for so long (i know this sounds strange but it's true)

but what i wanna know is : IS AGE GOOD ENOUGH A REASON TO COMMAND RESPECT ?

Are we bound by anything (like blood relation) to RESPECT all and one only because s/he is grown up in age or is it the qualities that matter....

My friend is not even on talking terms for some time as she said something so stupid that a person wont say to a stranger.....

I dont know how to answer my friend...........
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 759 • Replies: 6
No top replies

husker

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 11:24 pm
IDEAL Singh
Welcome! I see you asking a lot of questions - what do you think about all these topics yo start and ask?
0 Replies

IDEAL Singh

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 11:28 pm
Well Yeah ! Actaully I have some set of questionz ready with me which have concern to me... So, I am putting them in different forumz so that I can concentrate on the discussion afterwardz... I hope you dont mind... Do worry I would stop posting pretty soon...

Regardz
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 12:31 am
I treat everyone with respect as long as I get the same respect in return no matter what the age. Being elderly doesn't give anyone a ticket to be disrespectful. I treat everyone of all ages equal.
0 Replies

IDEAL Singh

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 09:04 am
But should we not respect them for their wisdom, their life experiencez ? Should we not look into the reasonz why elderly people behave sometimez the way they do ?
0 Replies

bigun

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 10:47 am
This is kind of a touchy subject. I had an old woman who had a husband that I was meeting. I ask for his name and before he could speak his wife said, "*you* can call him Mr. Skinner". That burnt me, I never visited again. I have no respect for people who believe they have to demand it to get it. So as far as the age thing goes, age doesn't matter IMHO. I'll refer to a holy bible verse, "Do unto others, as you would have other do unto you".

Also want to add, that people who are elderly and are nice, usually have good nuggets of information and knowledge to give, and I usually give them all ears. Smile
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 11:01 am
I agree with bigun. Some elderly are filled with life experiences and it's my pleasure when I get to hear some of their stories. Most of the elderly people that I know are truly the nicer of people I know and they have my full respect, but I don't respect them because of their age, I respect them for their kindness and who they are. If an elderly person is disrespectful, then I don't respect them. I can't respect disrespect.
0 Replies