Is it fashionable to hate Man U?

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 02:47 pm
I was depressed with ManchesterUnited performance on the Champion's cup game. Barcelona played an excellent game but I have been a long time Man U fan. But, as I am not a hooligan and am an American, I do not get to participate in the ritualistic dogma of cheering for my team. I did get to yell at the telly though every time Ronaldo was offside.

Oh well, they had a helluva year regardless.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,595 • Replies: 5
No top replies

McTag

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 03:56 pm

Yes, it is fashionable. They're not well liked in Manchester, for example. Most of their support comes from Surrey or the home counties.
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 04:30 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

I was depressed with ManchesterUnited performance on the Champion's cup game.

Good. Serves you right for supporting Satan's Soldiers <spits venom>
0 Replies

mav4ick

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 04:53 pm
@McGentrix,
The sad truth is that Man United are the most hated football team in England and the most loved football team in the world...... WHY?......... simple because they are the best in the country and have been for a long while... Just how Leeds were hated in the 70s and Liverpool in the 80s Man u have been top dogs for the last 15 years. Yes there has been the odd moment of genuis from the likes of Arsenal and chelsea who took uniteds title but overall they have in one way or the other always been there and people hate it ...... Football fans all over the world who like to watch beatiful attacking football ( Champions league final excluded) watch Man u... FACT estimated 333 MILLION MAN U FANS WORLDWIDE...... BIGGEST SPORTS FAN BASE EVER FACT.....
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 07:10 am

Eric Cantona's in the news this week.

Fact is, it was Cantona's transfer from Leeds which saved United and Fergie's job.
He's a one-man French miracle.
0 Replies

Cracked

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2009 07:58 am
not really, but most supporters are glory hunters (where I live anyway), hatred of Man U is really just hating of all people that support a team because they are consistently good. Plus, Ronaldo is a bell-end.
0 Replies