Ideas for an eight page report?

Reply Fri 29 May, 2009 11:46 pm
I have to write an eight page report for an english class (college), and I have to use a bunch of library sources etc. I was just wondering if anyone has anyone good suggestions? Maybe something will spark my mind with some good ideas. I don't want to do something so over done like global warming.

Thanks for any suggestions

-Dana
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 748 • Replies: 6
No top replies

roger

Reply Sat 30 May, 2009 12:01 am
I'll come back if I think of something. Is it wide open? Does it have to be argumentative, or something of the sort?
BarbieQPickle

Reply Sat 30 May, 2009 12:12 am
@roger,
Yes, it has to persuasive and I have to have an arguement. I'm just trying to collect some different ideas. Oh, and my teacher has to approve the topic, but I don't know what this will be based on.

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 30 May, 2009 12:19 am
How about something from current events? Does a woman's menstrual cycle make her a poor choice for a seat on the US Supreme Court?

To get you started, do a Google search on Gordon Liddy's comment on Sonia Sotamayor and take it from there.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 30 May, 2009 12:47 am
@BarbieQPickle,
Umm. One young lady based an essay on her time as a waitress. She compared smokers and not smokers in her resturant on such areas as friendliness, tips, and the amount of time they spend at the table. It went over well, so maybe you'll find inspiration from something fairly commonplace. I don't think it would have stretched to 8 pages, but maybe it could be fluffed up a bit.
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Sat 30 May, 2009 05:56 am
A persuasive paper will make a statement of belief. (for example, "The US educational grading system is unfair and does not work)

Then you need to find the supporting (argumentative ) statements to make your point.

so find a subject matter where you have an opinion, and then go out and defend it. Be sure to bring in some counter-argumentative statements that you can use to make your point.

0 Replies

solipsister

Reply Sat 30 May, 2009 06:19 am
@BarbieQPickle,
try vectors they are always good for an argument
0 Replies