San Diego tries to ban Christianity

DrewDad

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 08:44 am
@Setanta,
Jeeze, Set, defensive much?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 08:45 am
What's defensive about admitting that you are right--that you are always right, that you've never been wrong?

Ya just can't please some folks.
rabel22

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 10:18 am
@Setanta,
What is that defination of sarcasm again?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 10:19 am
I can't help you. I don't know how one definates something.

(Did that help?)
0 Replies

genoves

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 10:28 am
@DrewDad,
Again, Setanta, the genius who is never wrong, has it jammed right up his diseased anus and broken off. Setanta must be getting tired of being intellectually sodomized. McGentrix did it just the other day.

Face it, Setannntaaa. You are getting senile!
0 Replies

genoves

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 10:34 am
I'll bring it up/

as a sidebar to this conversation, have you also noticed that while
there is much flap about this topic while the religious people of the
forum have brought up the murder of dr. tiller a total of zero times that i've seen?

The murder of Dr. Tiller was a heinous act. It was the death of only one person but it was just as brutal as the murder of 3,000 Americans in New York by the fanatic Islamic morons.

The perpetrator of the murder of Dr. Tiller should be tried and sentenced as soon as possible. Kansas has no death sentence but the perpetrator should be sent to jail with no possibility of parole.

and

The fanatic Muslim scum who murdered an American soldier at a West Little Rock recruiting station should also be sent to jail with no possibility of parole.

The fanatic boasted of hating Americans and had been recently trained in a Anti-American venue in the Middle East.

He should not be sent to a rest camp like Gitmo. I understand they have a pretty good Soccer team there.
farmerman

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 12:12 pm
@genoves,
We have a "one rant at a time" policy. Its in the TS somewhere. I forgot which section but if you look...
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 12:22 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

SORRY set but this entire "hailstorm in an ice tea glass" has been pumped up, dissected a bit, and now is going away in a fashion that several of us predicted.Selah.

yep, looks like you were right on this one.

it will be interesting to see if anything else comes out of it.
0 Replies

apprentice

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 06:06 pm
@gungasnake,
People should be given the right what to believe and how to practice such belief. Moreover, the right to exercise ones belief is a fundamental right.
http://www.personalinjurylawyerinc.com
CalamityJane

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 07:59 pm
@apprentice,
That isn't the problem really - they can pray up to their yin-yang as far as I am concerned - their holy cars blocked the entire neighborhood and some more -
that's the problem!!

Besides that, you're advertising a link and that's against the TOS.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 08:07 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:
Quote:
That isn't the problem really -
they can pray up to their yin-yang as far as I am concerned -
their holy cars blocked the entire neighborhood and some more -
that's the problem!!

What if the owner 's guests chose to take cabs or walk?
The street and its curbs belong to the whole public.

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 08:10 pm
@apprentice,
apprentice wrote:

People should be given the right
what to believe and how to practice such belief.
Moreover, the right to exercise ones belief is a fundamental right.
http://www.personalinjurylawyerinc.com

SO STIPULATED, except that thay already HAVE
that right.

David
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 08:49 pm
@CalamityJane,
The neighborhood is holy blocked.
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 09:08 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

The neighborhood is holy blocked.

pray, how so?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 11:31 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
If his "guests" could get to his home and out of his home in some manner that would not be a public nuisance then who would care?
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 08:49 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

If his "guests" could get to his home and out of his home in some manner that would not be a public nuisance then who would care?

Absolutely nobody!!
Setanta

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 09:22 am
@CalamityJane,
That's the most disgusting aspect of this whole affair. The holy rollers create a public nuisance, the county reacts in a reasonable manner, the holy rollers squeal about persecution (c.f. my earlier reference to a blogger saying that anyone who alleges the persecution of Christians in this country is a moron), and the county caves in. The net result is that the holy rollers are now allowed to continue to create a public nuisance.
Foofie

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 12:07 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

That's the most disgusting aspect of this whole affair. The holy rollers create a public nuisance, the county reacts in a reasonable manner, the holy rollers squeal about persecution (c.f. my earlier reference to a blogger saying that anyone who alleges the persecution of Christians in this country is a moron), and the county caves in. The net result is that the holy rollers are now allowed to continue to create a public nuisance.

"Holy rollers"? They are just Protestants that believe in studying the bible? No priests in their religion to officiate over any required ritual. Studying the bible might be their equal to Sunday Mass and Holy Communion? If that is so, then it might equate to persecution of religious belief, since a small group of Protestant bible students might not have the shekels (like a world-wide system of Parishes) to buy their Church building rights from the local municipality. Like the peasants do not have bread, nor can they buy cake, a la Marie Antoinette.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 12:33 pm

A homeowner has the right to invite guests to his home,
however ofen he chooses. How the guests prefer
to travel is their private business. The street and its
curbs are publicly owned; i.e., everyone owns them.
The municipality can put up signs to control parking,
without discrimination qua who parks there.
Some guests may opt to walk or take cabs.
When the guests arrive, thay are free to turn their
attention to any topic of their choice and to speak
freely, e.g., qua discussion of a book or a newspaper.

That is none of the municipality 's damned business.

I think that 's all quite simple n ez to understand.

David
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 12:51 pm
Lets leave aside your typical idiocy, Foofie. Marie Antoinette very likely did not say what was attributed to her, but that was "Qu'ils mangent de la croƻte.", which means "Let them eat crusts." And it has nothing to do with this issue, not even at a stretch--and that typifies the drivel you post.

Yes, i consider them holy rollers, and no, i'm not about to apologize for that characterizations. But i do cordially invite you to kiss my hairy, red Irish ass.