Do I find out where I stand in this relationship or just move on?

Lif3

Reply Thu 28 May, 2009 07:47 pm
Me and this girl became really close and hit it off at college. I finally had the guts to tell her how I feel and ask her out. She sed can we be friends cos we've got something special and Im not looking for a relationship atm and I dont want the awkwardness that follows if anything happens.

Naturally I was confused cos theres something special when we're together. I then found out recently though that she'd broken up with her bf not so long ago. I'm still crazy about her so I dont know wat to do.

Do I just move on and let things go? Or do I wait and see what happens, being a supportive guy by her side? Or do I talk to her and set things straight to find out where I stand and if she actually has any feelings for me?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,482 • Replies: 11
No top replies

engineer

Reply Thu 28 May, 2009 08:46 pm
@Lif3,
She answered your question when she said no. She didn't want to hurt your feelings, but she also gave you an honest answer. Keep the friendship and look for romance elsewhere.
0 Replies

solipsister

Reply Thu 28 May, 2009 11:39 pm
@Lif3,
go for it, and no more mr nice guy ok
vikorr

Reply Fri 29 May, 2009 04:27 am
@solipsister,
Quote:
Do I just move on and let things go? Or do I wait and see what happens, being a supportive guy by her side? Or do I talk to her and set things straight to find out where I stand and if she actually has any feelings for me?

When a woman says "I'm not looking for a relationship right now", what she means is "I'm not looking for a relationship with you"

I'm curious, did you tell her how you felt while she still had a boyfriend? It's unclear from your post.

As for being supportive - that's well and nice, but it puts you stronger into the lets just be friends zone.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 29 May, 2009 04:30 am
@solipsister,
Agree you had to force yourself to be a little like the guys she does have relationships with and stop viewing her as a friend but just as a target or goal.

One way or another you will blow the friendship but I would say there is a 50/50 chance that you will then end up in a "relationship" with her.

If you are looking for a friend/lover/partner she is however is likely to be a waste of your time.

You can not get her as you are you instead would have to con her by being someone else and that will not work long term but it could be fun.
BillRM

Reply Fri 29 May, 2009 04:52 am
@Lif3,
Second note there are women who like bums however they also like to have some fool guy in their lives that will drop everything to aid them at any time as the bums will not do that of course.

So they find some fool who think if he is kind and understanding and a friend sooner or later she will see the light and come into his arms.

Of course the fool will get tired of doing the tasks that a boyfreind should be doing and seeing some bum getting the benefits instead of him and then she will need to find some other fool.

So stop being the fool freind and giving her respect and caring and start acting like the bums or find a woman that what a freind and a lover and not bums.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Fri 29 May, 2009 05:07 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
Agree you had to force yourself to be a little like the guys she does have relationships with and stop viewing her as a friend but just as a target or goal.

I disagree Bill. I think he has to learn to be more genuinely himself...acting like someone you think she'd go for is the flip side of the coin from being 'nice' - both are founded in dishonesty for the sake of getting into her pants. But you can :
- have an opinion
- value your time
- believe you're a catch (and act like it)
- not put too much value in her (her value is what she builds into the relationship, not 'what I would like her value to be to me')
- have fun without expectation
- have your own life, your own fun, etc, irrespective of her (really, it's too much pressure to know that you're someone elses fun/life when you aren't even in a relationship)

Basically...every base trait that women find attractive in bad boys can also be found within who you genuinely are....we were just never brought up to think that way though.
BillRM

Reply Fri 29 May, 2009 05:12 am
@vikorr,
Sorry but he can walk away from her now and sooner or later he will walk away from her or he can play a game to get into her pants IE become a bum and then walk away from her later to find the type of woman that you can be both a friend and a lover to.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Fri 29 May, 2009 05:15 am
Move on...believe me when I tell you, you would know if she was interested in you.....she likes you but she's just not that into you in that way, dont be silly and expect her to feel how you feel, you are just a mate and a pleasant 'in the mean time' distraction away from what she is feeling emotionally.
0 Replies

Lif3

Reply Fri 29 May, 2009 05:49 am
@Lif3,
thanks all aye. i shoulda realise this sooner than later. itll be hard but i shoulda moved on earlier.

**to those who think i was trying to get into her pants, I can honestly tell you I aint that type of guy (infact im gonna wait til Im married). Nice guys stay nice forever, some just needta start to grow a backbone.
KiwiChic

Reply Fri 29 May, 2009 05:52 am
@Lif3,
my advice is and I will probably get a back lash.....try before you buy....thats what being young is all about my friend...but be safe at all times!!!
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 29 May, 2009 06:17 am
@Lif3,
lIF3 you not trying to get into her pants then you are not a real man from her veiwpoint.

Sorry but I have a feeling that you was raised in a household where your father treated your mother with a great deal of respect and love and she was not raised in such a household.

Your idea of how to form a relationship with this young lady is to treat her as your father treated your mother and that will not work in this case.

Now as far as no sex before married in this current culture you had place yourself in a position where even most young ladies who was raised in loving households will view you as odd to say the least.

Good luck to you!
0 Replies