Funny spot in cat's eye....

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 08:43 pm
I recently got a new cat. My neighbor gave her to me. The cat's owner died and she was left to find new homes for the cat.

The cat, Godzilla, has been through a bit of trauma - owner died, she spent a month at the humane society, she came to me, I have dog, cat, kid. She had to learn a whole new life.

She is making tons of progress! I love this cat. I have never had a pet that so wanted to integrate into a family of people and pets.

I really wanted Godzilla to get established before I crated her up and took her into the vet. (She was very pampered at her old house and I know she has been well taken care of.)

But I've noticed this funny spot in her eye. When the light hits it just right there is a little dark spot, below and to the left of her left pupil. She isn't in any pain and her vision seems fine.

I'm not sure if I should be worried or not.

Any advice appreciated!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,030 • Replies: 2
No top replies

margo

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 09:38 pm
My Possum-cat has the same sort of thing.

No answer, sorry - just waiting to see other comments!
boomerang

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 09:06 am
@margo,
Perhaps it isn't that uncommon then! Has your cat's vet ever said anything about it?

The neighbor who gave me the cat is still trying to track down the name of the vet that her friend used. So far.... no luck.

I just don't want to freak Godzilla out unnecessarily by taking her in and possibly having to start the process of relaxing and joining the family over again.
0 Replies