Will doing cardio everyday impact me negatively?

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 04:30 am
weight training everyday is going to cause overtaining and injury, and leave zero time to repair the mucle tissues..

is it the same for cardi/aerobics? where the goal is heart and lung training?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 5,800 • Replies: 8
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 06:43 am
@OGIONIK,
Well, you walk every day, dontcha?

Bottom line, though, don't overdo it as it'll hurt and you can get minor injuries. Also make sure you've got good sneaks so you avoid shin splints.
OGIONIK

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 08:37 am
@jespah,
yeah i was thinking about jogging for an hour every day.. and the shoes things gotta wait heh..
sozobe

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 08:55 am
@OGIONIK,
I thought your goals were to bulk up a bit though? My husband's a skinny guy who's been running and lifting weights for about a year -- he got stronger and bigger with weight lifting but then got really interested in running and has been doing more of that (and less weight lifting) and got skinnier again. Very fit, but skinnier.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 10:30 am
No such thing as too much cardio unless you get a secondary impact injury to your joints or hamstrings or something.

I am currently going into training to get my body fat down to 8%.

I lift three days a week , not to bulk up, but to define and keep my metabolism up. This has accomplished, along with the cardio, everything I wanted. My wight is in the low 140's...my blood pressure and cholesterol are like a young man's and I have definition everywhere except around my middle, which is my next goal. I have a flat somach, but it's not muscular. there is only one way to accomplish that goal and that is through LOTS OF CARDIO and a VERY strict diet. the kind of diet no sane person would want to be on for life, but one which, if stuck with, will help me to reach my goal.

BTW, increasing crunches and situps past a reasonable amount will do NOTHING extra for a six pack. Obliques exercises will only serve to thicken that area so if a v-shaped body is your goal, don't do any.

There's also different kinds of cardio. I ride my bike a minimum of 60 minutes or about 15 miles almost every day....but that's not sufficient because your heart rate is up and down that way. What really burns fat off and builds lean muscle is geting your heart rate way up and KEEPING IT UP through a cardio routine.

Joe Nation knows a lot about this as well and could be a good resource for you.

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 24 May, 2009 10:52 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
i dont want to bulk up, idgaf if girls think im hot i just want to be stronger.

and i want to have alot of stamina as well.

i was thinking well, i already listed my newst routine in exercises goals for 2009

workout 3 days a week. 2 days for strength, these two days for pure strength, and 1 day for bodyweight, the goal of the bodyweight day is for pure reps/stamina.

and 1 day ill have a cardio/plyometric routine.

and everyday i will jog/exercise bike.

iono what im doing but it sorta makes sense to me.
0 Replies

Jorge Gonzales

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2014 12:56 am
No and Never,
Cardio is the best practice for fitness and should be added as a part of life. Cardio won't affect anyone in any manner,
In many cases i have observed that cardio is not providing better results and in the same context cardio doesn't has negative impacts.
Hope this information is good for you
Ragman

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2014 02:13 am
@Jorge Gonzales ,
Do you realize that you're talking to someone who has left the website 5 years ago? Why not check the post datestamp before you spam?
ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2014 02:24 am
@Ragman,
Also, cardio exercise is a bad idea for someone in the middle of a heart attack, or approaching having one. Alway check with your doctor before starting such an exercise regime.
0 Replies