fun...

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 06:26 am
last night i was with my best friend and we went to hang out with her friends, because they had a rental truck and they wanted to do some late night off roading. it was so much fun. hangin out, drinkin beer, and off roading. well, my friend's, friend's older brother asked if my friend was single and she said no because shes not. then asked if i was. i said i was which is the truth. (yall are aware of my other topics) so as the night progresses on i find myself making out with this guy A LOT. heres the catch. im 16, hes 24. at the time i thought he was 19. or 21 at tops. yea big difference. we were all in the truck doing donuts and this cop saw us and started to come after us and we ran from the cops, we were trying to get out to the highway so we could haul ass but he blocked us on the road RIGHT before the highway. (we all had a buzz goin on at that time too) so the two cops make us get out of the car and ask us how old we are and if we had been drinking. well i said i was 16. BIG MISTAKE. the cop started goin on about how he had to keep me with him and call my parents to come and get me or i would have to go to a juevenile center. i didnt get any tests to see if i had been drinking or anything. which i was, but told the cop i wasnt. so, all the other people out there were 17, 19, and 20 and 24. so the two cops decide to let us go, not call my parents, and give the driver a $80 ticket for reckless driving. HOW LUCKY WAS THAT?!?! (it scared the living piss out of me, but was really funny in the end) turns out i missed my curfew by an hour (my curfew was 1 and i came home @ 2) because we had to deal with those cops, then stop to let everyone go to the bathroom. what a night. is it bad that im talking to this guy and might start dating him (since hes 24 and all)?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,347 • Replies: 15
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 06:34 am
Any guy who first asks about your friend, then about you is clearly just seeking some poontang. He's gonna break your heart, I would be cautious here. Take it from a guy, I know.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 09:14 am
I'm with Cavfancier. The guy is just looking for a piece.
0 Replies

step314

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 11:26 am
Beer goggles
It's not a good idea to judge a person of the opposite sex when one has "beer goggles."
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 11:29 am
Re: Beer goggles
step314 wrote:
It's not a good idea to judge a person of the opposite sex when one has "beer goggles."

What do you mean by that?
0 Replies

ionlyluvshane

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 12:59 pm
im not planning on hooking up with him. he is too old for me. it was just fun to make out with someone i didnt know. Laughing
0 Replies

step314

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 03:38 pm
Beer goggles
"Beer goggles" are what beer drinkers wear that makes members of the opposite sex look more attractive than they really are. The phrase was popular slang here in the early 80's I know. Here is a link about scientists investigating "beer goggles" : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/2201198.stm .
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 03:48 pm
I see. Good thing I don't do any judging when I drink beer :-)
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 06:39 pm
You're very lucky that the police were able to block the truck before it got out onto the highway. Who knows what might of happened had you been in a high speed car chase down the highway with the police.

Can you explain to me why you would get into a truck full of strangers who have been drinking? Yes, they were strangers. You said he was an older brother of a friend of your friend.

Off roading in a rental truck (someone else's property) is irresponsible.

Doing donuts in the truck while drinking was dumb and dangerous.

Running from the police while drinking was dumb and dangerous.

When I was in highschool and exactly your age, a group of my friends weren't so lucky when they did something equally as dumb and dangerous. Six of them didn't get to graduate, nor did they get to see the sunrise the next morning.

PLEASE! Take some time to think about this and come up with some reasons for why you have so little concern for your own safety that you'd put yourself in such harms way.

Take some time to think about why you would be interested in dating someone with so little concern for your safety that he'd do those things with you in the truck.
0 Replies

ionlyluvshane

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 10:33 pm
my friend was with me..so i knew her, and the older guy's little brother (whom i met before). the guy i made out with, i wasnt exactly on a first name relationship with him. he knew me, i really didnt know him. i made out with him because it seemed fun @ the time... just made me realize how much more i want shane back... and i regret doing it now.
0 Replies

ionlyluvshane

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 10:35 pm
ive been drinking since i was 14, i know the consequences and what to expect. its nothing new. yes i may have been dumb for doing what i did. but hey who doesnt make mistakes, i guarantee you've made some stupid ones thru out your life time. im young... i've got a lot to learn. the only way to learn is thru experience. (yea it was the safest way, but im still here arent i?)
0 Replies

ionlyluvshane

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 10:36 pm
it wasnt the safest way*** sorry messed that up
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 12:04 am
Quote:
yes i may have been dumb for doing what i did.

Sorry, you don't get off that easy hon. It's too easy to make excuses by saying you are dumb. You're too smart for that.

I didn't say YOU were dumb. I said the actions of the driver were dumb. You don't have ownership over his actions. However, you do have ownership over your actions and the choices you made and continue to make.

You think that because you've been drinking since you were 14, that you know the consequences and what to expect. Let's say that I believe that at age 16 you do know all about the consequences and what to expect. Do you have any answers for why you would intentionally put yourself in that situation anyway?

And, you're right, I did make some mistakes myself when I was younger. One of them being the first and last time I ever drank alchohol at a party. Luckily I drank enough to get very sick and never ever wanted to touch the stuff again. Some of my friends weren't so lucky and a couple of years later ended up being mopped up off the street along with the broken glass and twisted metal that was once their car.

Please give this a lot of thought and learn from the choices you made that night. Find someone you trust, talk to them and ask for help if you need it.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 12:06 pm
You've been drinking since you were 14.

Tell, us, how many of the incidents that roused Shane's jealousy happened when you were drinking?

How many of the lies you told to Shane--or your friends--(and what about your mother?) are connected with party times?

You have fun drinking--but does this "fun" complicate your life later?
0 Replies

ionlyluvshane

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 11:44 am
this was the one and only time i wasnt with shane while i was drinking. usually when im with him, he doesnt drink at all and he is the one driving. he just lets me decide if i want to do it or not. our relationship is improving... i think... lol Confused he's calling me A LOT more since i've started ignoring him and he's telling me he's having second thoughts... ive got him in the bag now.. :wink:
0 Replies

tatugurl03

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2003 05:00 pm
ionlyluvshane wrote:
ive been drinking since i was 14

You've been drinking since you were 14. im only 13 and noone has ever offered me beer or drugs or anything with alchohol (did i spell that right?) in it

-tatugurl03
0 Replies