RNC Chairman Steele's speech

Reply Tue 19 May, 2009 11:39 am
He talked big about "real solutions," but didn't offer one! He criticized Obama's initiatives without providing one alternative. So what are the RNCs "real solutions?" bitch bitch bitch and more bitches That's their "real solution" to all the jobs and homes being lost by Americans that started during Bush's presidency.

Did anybody hear any "real solutions" during Steele's speech?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,892 • Replies: 12
No top replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 19 May, 2009 11:58 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

He talked big about "real solutions," but didn't offer one! He criticized Obama's initiatives without providing one alternative. So what are the RNCs "real solutions?" bitch bitch bitch and more bitches That's their "real solution" to all the jobs and homes being lost by Americans that started during Bush's presidency.

missed it. doesn't look like it's up on youtube yet.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 19 May, 2009 01:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

Who?
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Tue 19 May, 2009 05:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Yes I did! Steele said that the GOP is delivering change for America in a tea bag. It's the tea bag solution.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Tue 19 May, 2009 05:25 pm
Everyone in America is now popping themselves in the head right now and exclaiming, "I could've had a tea bag!"

I know, I know. They're ripping off V8 commercials, but this is truly innovative problem-solving for the GOP.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 19 May, 2009 05:37 pm
@Debra Law,
Are the conservatives so dumb now that they can applaud a speech that has no real content?

Where is this new direction that they're trying to talk about? I didn't know until now how really dumb they are; they have no real leader, no direction, and no future. I doubt very much the republican party will survive very long with Limbaugh, Cheney, Boehner, Hannity, and Steele.
Debra Law

Reply Tue 19 May, 2009 05:47 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Are the conservatives so dumb now that they can applaud a speech that has no real content?

Where is this new direction that they're trying to talk about? I didn't know until now how really dumb they are; they have no real leader, no direction, and no future. I doubt very much the republican party will survive very long with Limbaugh, Cheney, Boehner, Hannity, and Steele.

How many times can the conservatives dunk that tea bag in water before we bow down to their will? 83 times? 183 times?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 19 May, 2009 06:55 pm
@Debra Law,
Since it's not torture, the skies the limit. They just don't realize that the flavor had disappeared a very long time ago, and it doesn't even provide "color" any more. How drab and boring!
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 19 May, 2009 07:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I doubt it was intended to have much depth and content. The intent of the speech was akin to a pep talk at a school spirit rally to wake up the troops; not too unlike the Obama speeches very early in the campaign. Steele's delivery was good, but he's still no Obama.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 19 May, 2009 07:52 pm
@Butrflynet,
That's for dang sure!
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 20 May, 2009 01:45 am
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:
Steele's delivery was good, ....

that's not important. what is important is whether or not he used a teleprompter... ?

wait. no.. doesn't look like it. instead, he just read from his notes, like that boring teacher you had that should have retired long ago.

go get 'em tiger!!!

he could have had a teleprompter, and looked smooth instead of the audience being treated to a concert of the top of his head, but the hard cases at the rnc wouldn't give him his allowance.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 20 May, 2009 10:35 am
@DontTreadOnMe,
What is of more import is the simple fact that it was void of any content; reading a speech can be done by almost anyone - including grade school children.

It's the construction of the speech that is the important issue; Steele provided nothing but sound bites without any meaning to them. And the robot audience clapped as usual.

Dumb and dumber.
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 20 May, 2009 01:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

What is of more import is the simple fact that it was void of any content; reading a speech can be done by almost anyone - including grade school children.

i just figured that i'd apply the same logic to steele that the goppers have applied to obama, via "teleprompter-gate".

although, as you point out, in steele's case, poor delivery in no way effected his speech's persistent lack of content.

0 Replies