cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2003 10:41 am
JLN, Our esteemed bull dog will show up soon. Wink
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2003 11:02 am
Re: truth
JLNobody wrote:
Where's our bull dog, Frank, when we need him?

I'm listening in.

I have a problem with Ideal Singh's treads.

Obviously Ideal Singh has been playing a bit of a farce -- but he does seem to be a person of reasonable and decent intentions, and I do not want to rush to judgment on him. He also is rather likeable.

But I get a bit apprehensive when someone tries to pretend to be someone or something he/she is not. Over in Abuzz, there was a guy posting with an ethnic Indian name -- and he was obviously a phony. But I always felt he had malice in mind -- and was trying to use the phony persona as a means of achieving malicious aims.

Ideal Singh here does not seem to be in the same category -- although I am still at a loss as to why he attempted to portray himself using broken English and weirdo spelling when it is apparent he is able to handle himself quite nicely in this language. But he may have his reasons - and they may be completely innocent.

As for the religion part -- well...first of all, like the rest of you, I am interested in learning as much as possible about all religions -- Sikh included.

But since there was an initial attempt to deceive -- I'm not sure how much to rely on what our new friend here tells us.

We'll see.

Like I said, I am listening in.

And I certainly will inject an agnostic take if and when it is called for.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2003 12:09 pm
truth
Good enough, Frank. Just keep an eye on him.
0 Replies

IDEAL Singh

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2003 08:37 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
But since there was an initial attempt to deceive -- I'm not sure how much to rely on what our new friend here tells us.

I am heart broken, Sir. Crying or Very sad I did not try to deceive anybody... Frankly speaking, initially, I was here in this forum just for fun as you can judge from some of my posts but does that amount to deception... Rolling Eyes but gradually I have gathered that this forum is more of a serious/intellectual type rather than being funny... so you can probably gather that lately I have changed my funny tone a bit and am sincerely trying to get used to new environment... As You know me that I am a Sikh and a Sikh means a person very adaptable to change with open mind... I have already learned a lot from you guys... Very Happy

I gather that some of forum members seems to have some attitude problem with my 'easy to go' personality and have taken on me. But when faced with adversity, a LION is always ready to counter attack, viciously. You would agree that everybody has his or her own personality and I think I am one of those who are a little bit 'take it easy' kind of persons but is this so bad... Rolling Eyes I am just an individual with my own views and perspectives... apologies if i have they dont sound coherent with some of you...

Do you want me to loose my individualty Question Crying or Very sad I am sure NOT at all. So Cheer up guyz !! Live the present to the fullest, so that future is full of worthy past.... Oops for misquoting... Embarrassed but I am like this only... take is easy guys... coz LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL !!! Very Happy
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2003 08:44 pm
singh, you must understand that most of us who were on another forum saw clones and idiots ruin the site.

I, for one, am sorry.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2003 08:44 pm
truth
IS. I think you meant to say "easy going," didn't you?
0 Replies

IDEAL Singh

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2003 10:47 pm
JLNobody wrote:
IS. I think you meant to say "easy going," didn't you?

Thanx for correcting me... as I have said before that my English communication skill are pretty much limited... but they are improving with each passing day in forum... Very Happy

Regards
0 Replies

IDEAL Singh

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2003 10:49 pm
Letty wrote:
singh, you must understand that most of us who were on another forum saw clones and idiots ruin the site.

I, for one, am sorry.

Yeh !! I can understand...
0 Replies

IDEAL Singh

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2003 06:36 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
IDEAL, There are other forums on the question of theism that you should visit. I doubt very much the same people are willing to repeat what they have already opined about this subject.

Could you please provide some references... that would be helpful...

Regardz
0 Replies

SecondSocrates

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2003 09:33 am
The point of philosophy
Whil philosophy in its practice is a pursuit of knowledge, wisdom, or a similar object, I do no think that that is the goal of philosophy. Basic logic tells us that universal truth in the mind of a perosn is personal truth though many philosopher's consider universal truth their personal goal (punny fun fun fun). A wonderful question....

Maybe something about a love of knowledge is valuable to those who choose to pursue it. I personally count this as a worthy pursuit, simply because of its value to the mind if nothing else. Philosophy has for me provided a motivation for literacy beyond the norm and has driven me to examine closely the logic behind my everyday life.

Hope this helps,
Second Socrates
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2003 06:07 pm
SS, What exactly is "literacy beyond the norm?"
0 Replies

msmdrunk

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 03:03 am
i know this is my first post, but i seriously think every single one of you missed the most simplistic view to this question. If i am correct, the word philosophy actully loosely translates to "to wonder", i have a few drinks in me, so i could be off, but even if it doesn't, ...in the end, thats all it comes down to, break it down to the basics, even before Socrtes, go back to the natural philosophers, it was simply wondering, they tried to explain us through the elements, and then there was Socrtes/Plato trying to explain our existence through an immortal soul, then Aristotle trying to prove everything as species and scientific method, Descrtes prving our existence though "I Think therefor i am", Hume understadning what metaphysics is but saying its not possible to know a thing in itslef, then Kant telling us how it is possible to know a thing in itself through a prior resoning becuse it can exist in our spce and time just like mathemtics. Ech of my statements so far was ment to be a very general and vague view on each of the repective philosophers, my point...What did they all do??? They simply "wondered". Thats Philosophy, you dont need a complicted definition behind philosophy, the more behind it the more you have to explain, the more chance for ignorance, and as we all know " The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance. " So, my answer, after all the text i just laid down...is.... "to wonder"...that SIMPLE. You dont need to be smart to be a philosopher, you just need to be able to "wonder." Philosophy started with a question, and will end as a question(in my opinion, its so bad to opine, but i have to).
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 11:58 am
basically 'philosophy' is a 'fellowship' of those who share a love of thought, and use it to examine our existence.
0 Replies

IDEAL Singh

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 12:14 am
BoGoWo wrote:
basically 'philosophy' is a 'fellowship' of those who share a love of thought, and use it to examine our existence.
0 Replies