how do i fix my marriage

LittBit

Reply Sat 16 May, 2009 02:07 pm
hi i am 22 and my husband is 28. we have been married for 3 years now. i love him very much. but in the past year we have been going down hill big time. we both are changing. he is getting madder and b/c he is mad all of the time that makes me mad as well. i try so hard to keep a very good out look on everything, and not get mad, sad, or aggravated about any thing. but he just keep on pushing all of the buttons that he can find. his brother and friend moved in with us. there is 5 people and 8 dogs in a 2 bedroom home. i am the only one that is not working. i understand that he is stressed out about the home and work. but things just seem to be getting worse. i am trying everything to make him happy but nothing is working. and the bad part is that i have stop wanting, looking, or thanking about sex for a good min. i have tried talking to him about every thing. but the only thing he is doing is trying to put a gilt trip on me. that it is all my fault, that he is going to kill his self, that it is always his falt and i do nothing wrong. i just don't know what to do any more. can some one help me. thank you LittBit
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,442 • Replies: 5
No top replies

High Seas

Reply Sat 16 May, 2009 02:50 pm
@LittBit,
LittBit - you sound stressed out, and so does your husband. What's with the other 3 people in your house, not to mention the 8 dogs - how are they all feeling? Maybe you should see that the dogs are taken care of for a couple of days and go to a relaxing beach hotel with a pool, just you and your husband - doesn't have to be too far, or too expensive, just a change of pace. Let us know how y'all getting along Smile
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 16 May, 2009 03:17 pm
HS has the right idea.
You and your husband should pack a change of clothes each, fill the gas tank in your vehicle, and then leave.

My wife and I do that once a month.
We go as far as we can on one tank of gas, then we get a hotel room, turn off our phones, and spend the weekend by ourselves.
It helps us to keep our sanity.
Also, the dogs and the other people living with you have got to go.
You dont need them, and the loss of privacy for you and your husband will hurt your marriage.
It would hurt any marriage.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Wed 20 May, 2009 12:54 am
@LittBit,
Hi LittBit, one of the few consistencies we have in life is that we change as we grow...unfortunately, it's natural that couple don't always grow in the same direction.

Another sad truth is that while there are people out there that we are capable of deeply loving, that doesn't mean that they are compatible with us. In other words, there are people we can love, that, when living with them long term, would help us become miserable (whether or not your husband is compatible with you, is up to you to find out).

A few comments,

Quote:
i try so hard to keep a very good out look on everything, and not get mad, sad, or aggravated about any thing.

I'm glad you want things to be positive. However, this quote brings to mind a couple of old sayings :
- You are attached to what you fight; and
- The harder you fight, the more force is applied in return

If you are mad, don't fight it - direct the emotion into a positive outlet (otherwise it just builds up). Listen to your internal dialogue next time you notice this sort of thing happening...and keep track of how it builds up over time (ie multiple incidents), you'll see it's true.

Quote:
his brother and friend moved in with us. there is 5 people and 8 dogs in a 2 bedroom home.
This may be the source of much of the 'stress', or it may be just a symptom of it. I'm guessing that he invited them in for financial reasons?

Quote:
i am the only one that is not working. i understand that he is stressed out about the home and work. but things just seem to be getting worse.

Because he is losing control of his life.

Quote:
i am trying everything to make him happy but nothing is working.

And it won't. The problem is largely internal to him. He is losing control of his life. Help him address those issues, and things may get better.

Quote:
i have tried talking to him about every thing. but the only thing he is doing is trying to put a gilt trip on me.
Because he doesn't understand why you aren't suffering while he is losing control of his life...and also, he doesn't want to blame himself for the loss of control.

Quote:
that it is all my fault, that he is going to kill his self, that it is always his falt and i do nothing wrong.
...again, his loss of control speaking.

Try asking 'what would need to happen, realistically, for us to regain control of our lives'?

Other than that, you probably have to see someone trained in this sort of stuff to work out coping / handling skills. As a word of caution, some psychologists / counsellors / mediators are better than others.

0 Replies

LittBit

Reply Sat 23 May, 2009 11:55 am
Thank you so much for all of your advice. and i would love to leave from everything. but that is just not going to happen. just the other day he fell at work and messed up his knee, and know we just don't have time to do anything. if he is not at working then he is at the house in so much pain he can't do anything. if we did have the time then we don't have the $$$ to do anything. we are trying to save the $$$ to bye a home.
One of the people that is living with us is Chris dad. he is dieing of canser. the other one is his brother. We invited him to come b/c he needs to get away from all of the drugs in his life and do better for his life and his wife. and the last one that is living with us is a friend. he is living with us b/c he is trying to get away from all of the drugs to. they was living 2 states away. they just need to get away from all of those things and people that is going to put them back to those thing.
Thank you so much for all of you help. Littbit
Mame

Reply Sat 23 May, 2009 01:43 pm
@LittBit,
Good luck to you!
0 Replies