Will the Instant Experts be Vindicated on Iraq?

perception

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 01:06 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
au1929 wrote:
Why are we the US charged with rebuilding Iraq? Did we do the damage or did the Iraqis under Saddam.

We did it.

You sound as thought you were a fly on wall all over Iraq----What exactly did we destroy? What did Saddam fail to repair during his 30 yr reign and what did the Iraqi looters destroy after the statue came down?

Please with all your knowledge and wisdom tell us Frank.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 01:07 pm
Frank
I am wondering why we just can't bring it up to the level it was before the invasion. Could it be we have to update to get the oil out?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 01:15 pm
The damage that we are trying to repair is of our causing.

And even if it weren't -- since the moron decided to go in and take responsibility for the place, it is still our responsibility.

If the moron had gotten the kind of coalition he should have gotten before going in -- this problem would not be ours. It would be the coalition's problem.

Remember, Perception, you are of the opinion that the moron -- or at least, the people who pull his strings -- KNEW that the immediacy of the problem was a fraud. They KNEW they were lying -- and were purposefully lying. You have actaully heard Paul Wolfowitz acknowledge that.

The damage we are trying to correct is our damage.

You
0 Replies

perception

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 03:22 pm
Well there you have it----it's Franks way or the hiway.

Guess I'll hit the road. Rolling Eyes

You remind me of Setanta except that Setanta has an intellect to go with the sledgehammer.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 03:40 pm
perception wrote:
Well there you have it----it's Franks way or the hiway.

Guess I'll hit the road. Rolling Eyes

You remind me of Setanta except that Setanta has an intellect to go with the sledgehammer.

That post sounds like someone surrendering -- but making it appear as though a victory has been won.

If you get up the balls to actually discuss this issue, let me know.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 09:48 pm
How can one discuss anything with someone who has a locked brain.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 10:55 am
Who was that posting under Perception's name. It could not be Perception, because he/she said he/she was leaving.

Who could that be???
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 11:07 am
Well, we all technically have "locked brains" -- at least we'd like to keep it like Frank's windblown grey coif. Or are those live nerve ends?
0 Replies

perception

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 11:37 am
Well there are spirited discussions like the one I'm currently having with Blatham on the Canadian PM thread and then you have the idiotic yammering mixed in with ad hominems and vitriolic weak attempts at humor as illuminated by the one who accuses me of not wanting to discusss the issues.

When you decide to delete the constant shouts of "Moron" and other yammerings that only detract from the discussion I will be happy to oblige you.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 11:44 am
perception wrote:
Well there are spirited discussions like the one I'm currently having with Blatham on the Canadian PM thread and then you have the idiotic yammering mixed in with ad hominems and vitriolic weak attempts at humor as illuminated by the one who accuses me of not wanting to discusss the issues.

When you decide to delete the constant shouts of "Moron" and other yammerings that only detract from the discussion I will be happy to oblige you.

Sounds to me like excuse making.

Sounds to me like someone posting after having said he/she was out of here.

Sounds like inconsistency to me.

Sounds like a kettle calling a pot black.

MY ADVICE:

Lighten up, Perception.

Stop taking yourself so seriously.

You are not nearly a serious enough person to pull it off.

Now, if you actaully want to debate or discuss an issue other than your opinion of me, do so. I will be happy to accomodate you.

Otherwise -- try posting in capital letters and using a colored backgroud.

Everything you are saying is so interesting and informative -- I certainly want to hear more from you.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 12:08 pm
To lack a sense of humor is a very disturbing character defect in my opinion. But then I can only sit back and laugh about it.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 12:09 pm
(Or is this Saturday morning stoicism?)
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 01:50 pm
I will put it as plainly as I can.
Hey guys let's stop the ****. I really isn't necessary.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 03:12 pm
OK---Frank Apisa

I'm willing to attempt a discussion if we can avoid most of the emotion and leave out the ad hominems about the Bush administration and me. Just the issues which are I believe the comments by Krauthammer and my personal observations about the reasons for the war. OK--let fly.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 06:27 pm
perception wrote:
OK---Frank Apisa

I'm willing to attempt a discussion if we can avoid most of the emotion and leave out the ad hominems about the Bush administration and me. Just the issues which are I believe the comments by Krauthammer and my personal observations about the reasons for the war. OK--let fly.

Well, I've just read over the thread -- and each of my posts -- and nearly as I can see, the first of the ad hominem remarks directed at anyone involved in this thead came from you directed at me.

I don't like George Bush. I think he is a moron. I am free to mention that if I choose.

You do not set the criteria that must be followed by participants to this thread.

Now with that out of the way -- what specifically about my comments in this thread are you questioning. I will be delighted to elaborate on anything you don't understand -- and I will be delighted to debate anything with which you disagree.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 09:12 pm
Frank Apisa

On second thought I believe we should both go play golf but not together. Very Happy

There is way too much nastiness and I take the blame for some of it----I like to laugh at good jokes-----and I know I'm just as concerned about the world situation as you. I don't qualify to be a true neo-con because I'm not a born again marxist liberal intellectual---however I actually agree with the neo-cons concerning global strategy. When I sit down and think hard about what I would do if faced with the same problems and dilemmas that face this administration I usually come to the same conclusions and would make the same decisions that I see them making. I therefore laid down what I see as the truth about the decision to go to war in Iraq..

Your turn
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 10:15 pm
perception wrote:
How can one discuss anything with someone who has a locked brain.

Oh, the irony.
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 02:15 am
Aw heck - I promised myself I wasn't going to get involved in any more political threads, but I guess my boss hasn't abused me enough today.

First off, an honest question. I haven't seen any breakdown on the costs to rebuild Iraq. Has anyone here? Specifically, is it 95% to repair war damage, and 5% to repair the damage of 30 years of Ba'ath Party misrule, or vice versa?

I'd also like to talk about the idea the war was only about oil. There are only two ways I can think of this would make sense. The first way is if we were going to take the oil and not pay Iraq for it. I don't claim any special knowledge in international finance, but wouldn't it be obvious if that was happening, and wouldn't the world reaction be front page news? The second reason is that we're worried we won't be able to buy enough oil on the open market, and are looking for a guaranteed source of supply. That seems a little thin to me also.

It seems that many posters here on A2K disagree with me, and believe the war was about oil. I'd appreciate hearing your thoughts about it.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 04:34 am
perception wrote:
Gautam wrote:

Laughing Your entire reply was emotional---take that and that, and here's some more. Your perspective reveals a serious lack of understanding regarding our motives and concerns. It will be interesting when history judges our actions in hopefully a totally different light.

It is evident that our perspectives are at opposite ends of the spectrum about a million miles apart analogous to the chasm which exists between Israel and the Palestinians. Since I have no solutions to that problem I will not attempt to cross the chasm between us but thank you for your reply.

Not really - as the degree of emotionalism in my replies or conversations is measured by the amount of "F" word which I use - U havent seen me emotional mate Laughing
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 04:56 am
Jim wrote:
Aw heck - I promised myself I wasn't going to get involved in any more political threads, but I guess my boss hasn't abused me enough today.

First off, an honest question. I haven't seen any breakdown on the costs to rebuild Iraq. Has anyone here? Specifically, is it 95% to repair war damage, and 5% to repair the damage of 30 years of Ba'ath Party misrule, or vice versa?

We really don't know -- but since so many in this thread were guessing that most of the damage was from other than our invasion, I decided to guess in the other direction.

I suspect that plenty has to do with our invasion -- and from the penalties imposed after the first Persian Gulf war.

In any case, our arguments for help would make more sense if we had followed different protocols on our rush to war.
0 Replies