Will the Instant Experts be Vindicated on Iraq?

perception

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 04:52 pm
Frank Apiza

It was during one of his visits to a congressional committee and I heard it personally. I was astonished that it didn't hit the front pages. I would dearly love to pull up the text but I can't ----- maybe Walter can.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 04:55 pm
Hobit

Laughing Glad you're back to kibitz---try at least to be entertaining and humorous instead of your nasty one-sided harrangue.
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 05:23 pm
perception wrote:
ILZ wrote:

Not really, now that you asked. My retardo meter went off the scale when I read your post. Somebody better explain what you said ..... or .... theres gonna be ...... stuff...... happening .... mark my words.

Oh --- really---like what----are you gonna Huff and Puff and blow me down?

How about dealing with my statement that " had Saddam not been so stupid he would still be in power---by just letting the inspectors have a free hand---would you dare try to refute that?

Instead of nit-picking some little perceived point that you want to pretend is a profound question that will astonish the world.

It's all history and been pointed out a zillion times.

Whats wrong with you?

Your entire argument is based on retarded assumptions. I simply asked you to find proof for your imaginary arguments. You then responded by asking me to refute an irrelevent point that is true......

I will respond to your question when you pull yourself out of intellectual poverty through sheer determination - never.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 05:32 pm
Oh, great...now we'll get the "Why are you all picking on me" rant. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 05:34 pm
hobitbob wrote:
Oh, great...now we'll get the "Why are you all picking on me" rant. Rolling Eyes

If by 'rant' you mean 'a random collection of meaningless thoughts and five dollar words strung together and disguised as a cohesive argument' I can't wait.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 05:40 pm
No, we'll get the "I was a fighter pilot, etc..." speech. then he'll tell Tart to fly off on her broomstick, me that I should be shot as a traitor, Walter that people from "old Europe" are evil and hate America, PDiddie that he is crazy, and you god only knows what.Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 05:40 pm
This is an open forum, not a two way private exchange. Some only careen down a one-way street usually going in the wrong direction.
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 06:02 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
This is an open forum, not a two way private exchange. Some only careen down a one-way street usually going in the wrong direction.

....and some people careen right off that one-way street and crash into the retardation tree, only to rebound into the denial bushes, and land in the delusional pit. These people are referred to as 'perception.'
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 06:11 pm
um are we forgetting the "raging leftist anarchist liberal?" oh nevermind thats me.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 06:19 pm
It certainly is. Mmm hmm.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 07:41 pm
perception wrote:
Frank Apiza

It was during one of his visits to a congressional committee and I heard it personally. I was astonished that it didn't hit the front pages. I would dearly love to pull up the text but I can't ----- maybe Walter can.

Amazing.

The Democrats in congress have been salivating to get evidence that this is what actually happened -- that the President and his advisors lied through their teeth to the people, the United Nations, and to the Congress -- and Paul Wolfowitz simply blurts it out in front of a congressional committee and nobody even hears about it!

Amazing!
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 08:16 pm
What is an 'instant expert' and can I be one? :wink:
0 Replies

perception

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 08:51 pm
LOL PD

You've been one ever the first day of the war.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 09:00 pm
ILZ

Before you get any more worked up please read the rules of engagment regarding ad hominems---you might cause the thread to be locked and I'm certain you open minded experts would not want to miss any of this scintillating discussion.

You might also want to back off the ignition timing on your engine---it appears to be rapidly overheating.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 03:51 am
perception wrote:
Gautam

Talk of the non-existent WMDs is analogous to the right constantly reliving the days of the stains on the blue dress. Wolfowitz has already admitted that when they decided Saddam must be removed to stabilize the ME, the next step was to establish a reason which turned out to be a real blunder but in retrospect I think it was necessary. They believed Congress would not accept the real reason( to stabilize the ME) as sufficient justification to go to war so they decided the next step was to use the threat of WMD as the most logical because Clinton's 8 years had provided ample proof they really existed.

1. I think it is a folly to compare the blue dress to going to war over WMD. Unless you are presuming that the millions of sperm which were wasted on the blue dress and every chance of becoming a man or a woman should they have found a more "receptive" avenue and hence Clinton was guilty of killion millions of "potential" human beings.

2. It is also good to see that you are finally admitting that the war was fought on false premises.

3. Regarding stabilzation of the ME, never thought that Saddam was a factor. The Iran-Iraq war was fought on the behest of the US and UK who used Saddam as a pawn to crush the fundamentalism in that region. All the WMD technology which you guys talk abt, was actually supplied by US and UK. The invasion of Kuwait had tactical backing of the US (there was an article posted somewhere on the US, UN thread I think), plus Saddam had given ample warming to Kuwait to return the money which Kuwait owed to Iraq before actually invading them. And remember, it was a legitimate warning - the Kuwaitis HAD stolen from Iraq. To be honest, the biggest roadbloacks to stabilization in the ME seem to be Sharon and Arafat - not Saddam. It would also be worth mentioning that Israel HAS occupied Palestinie territory, and HAS flagrantly flouted all the UN resolutions against it.

perception wrote:

Had Saddam not been so stupid he could have remained in power by just saying OK ----we've been fooling you just a bit---come on in and look all you want. Any weapons you find I will destroy as you watch me.

I was very worried that he would do just that----we then would have been stymied----we could never have removed him.

WOW, lets put it this way - will you allow police to come and monitor your house everyday willingly based on the assumption that you once grew marijuana in yr backyard, and even though it is now paved and there is no soil, you might be growing it in a flower vase ? Do you realize that you are coming across as a war mongering, white superamist here, who thinks that only Americans have a right to dictate as to how other countries in the world are run ?

perception wrote:

All your talk of oil, and wanting to steal it from the Iraqi people is just BS---we had to remove him and have access to all of Iraq to:

1. Prevent the al Queda from using it as a massive staging and training area----sure they're there now and that is where we will kill them.
2. Prevent Saddam from eventually gaining control of the entire ME and blackmailing the Global economy which is totally dependent on ME oil
3. Prevent Saddam from financing more suicide attacks on Israel---sure they're still coming but we have removed one more source of financing.
4. To provide a staging area for our military because we wanted to remove our troops from Saudi Arabia
5. To prove to, Syria, and Iran that we intend to persevere against terrorism even if it involves removing a dictator to do it--that we have the political will to do so.

There are other tertiary reasons but to "steal the Iraqi oil" is not one of them.

Okay, let me answer point by point.

1. There was NO evidence linking Saddam to Al-Queda. In fact, because of his secular and progressive credentials, Al-Queda did not like Saddam very much. Even Bush has publicly acknowledged that (after the war, I may point out) that there were no ties between the two.
2. There you go - Control of Oil !!!! Why are we so hell bent on "controlling" the oil. To prevent Saddam from controlling the oil, we should control it. And then you say, war was not abt oil. Make up yr mind mate !!
3. Okay, as far as I know that he was not involved in financing the suicide bombers. But then again, I might not be sure. But then taking this logic a bit further - who next now - Saudis ? Syria ? Iran ? Lebabnon ? Pakistan ? Why do you forget that the entire Islamic world is against the Israeli state - will you take them all out in order to stem the flow of funds to Hamas ? Where will you stop ?
4. So, you need a new ground for yr troops - so let us invade a country !! Some logic mate - I really need my neighbour's garage to park my car, but he wont sell it to me. So let me just throw him out of his house and occupy it. Right ?
5. Why Iraq ? Why not Sudan ? Or Pakistan ? Or any other country ? Oh wait, they dont have oil right ?

Some days ago, you had praised the institution in which I have studied. One of the biggest thing that it taught me was to think logically, without getting emotional abt any particular aspect of the problem.

Whenever I apply logic to this situation, I always come to the same answer.

Oil.

p.s. I just read in the newspaper today, that abt $4 billion of Iraqi money has gone missing since US took control..Maybe we will see new curtains in the white house soon !! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

perception

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 09:55 am
Gautam wrote:

"Some days ago, you had praised the institution in which I have studied. One of the biggest thing that it taught me was to think logically, without getting emotional abt any particular aspect of the problem".

Laughing Your entire reply was emotional---take that and that, and here's some more. Your perspective reveals a serious lack of understanding regarding our motives and concerns. It will be interesting when history judges our actions in hopefully a totally different light.

It is evident that our perspectives are at opposite ends of the spectrum about a million miles apart analogous to the chasm which exists between Israel and the Palestinians. Since I have no solutions to that problem I will not attempt to cross the chasm between us but thank you for your reply.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 11:29 am
Posted in error on wrong thread
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 12:07 pm
Why are we the US charged with rebuilding Iraq? Did we do the damage or did the Iraqis under Saddam.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 12:30 pm
au1929 wrote:
Why are we the US charged with rebuilding Iraq? Did we do the damage or did the Iraqis under Saddam.

We did it.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 12:56 pm
How and when? Most of the problems with infrastructure in Iraq predate our invasion.
This scenario reminds me of the movies "The Mouse that Roared" They went to war with the US to lose and receive the largesse of the US. Of course in this instance we shot ourselves in the foot by foolishly invading Iraq. The cost will be borne by our children and grandchildren. I read about the hundreds of schools opened Iraq and the thousands of books and supplies supplied by the US. At the same time I read about the conditions of our schools and the governments unfunded mandates.
0 Replies