Dating- should he have contacted by now?

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 06:30 am
Hi
I went out on a date yesterday with a guy. No major disasters but I've not heard anything yet from him. Some guys text me straight after to say they enjoyed the date or something. Just wondering what his interest levels are and the norm for guys.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 2,523 • Replies: 20
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 08:11 am
@miranda4,
According to the "rule book", which those poor guys had to resort to, he's got
2 days to respond, so relax. Wink
BillRM

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 09:10 am
@CalamityJane,
I never hear of the two days rule however the three dates rule now that I was very aware of in my dating days<grin>.
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 09:54 am
@BillRM,
I was just joking Bill! It seems the "kids" these days have new rules on a constant
basis.
miranda4

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 10:01 am
@CalamityJane,
Oh Gosh! I'm none the wiser now hahahaha!
What do I do?? Panic or not at this point lol!
Just back from a date and now even clearer in my mind that I like the guy from yesterday big time, but I'm so damn worried about the 'other' rule book and becoming too eager and frightening him away and not being a challenge!
Why isn't anything simple!
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 10:03 am
@miranda4,
Ah miranda, just relax, he'll call you, don't worry. He probably doesn't want
to come across as being to eager, so he'll wait calling you. Plus it is Sunday today, he probably thinks it's a day of rest. Just chill....
miranda4

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 10:07 am
@miranda4,
Was thinking.........should I contact him and thank him for the date although we went dutch, but that doesn't matter right. I could still say thanks, I had a great time with him, was thinking of texting. You see the bit at the end when we went our separate ways I felt nervous and told him to ring or email me etc. But didn't actually say we should meet up again (wish I'd made that clear). Felt a bit rushed but I did offer him a hug first to show I liked him........................oooooo this is all too much to work out when you like a guy!! lol!
0 Replies

miranda4

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 10:08 am
@CalamityJane,
Hahaha! ok Calamity I will. Just sent my last message before you telling me to chill. What I really need is a good hard slap to the face, usually does the trick when I get like this hahahaha!!
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 10:17 am
@miranda4,
I know, it's difficult when you like the guy and don't know how he feels, but
all that jitter, the anticipation and the butterflies in your stomach are part
of dating. It's also part of the excitement of dating. Don't text him, just occupy
yourself with other things today.
miranda4

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 10:21 am
@CalamityJane,
:-)

Thanks guys you're all wonderful with advice.
0 Replies

skycloud86

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 10:44 am
@miranda4,
I would wait at least a couple more days. We males don't tend to get in contact too quick.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 02:36 pm
Date another guy at the same time...then you won't wonder when he's calling. Perversely, if you date another guy, and then consequently don't put as much 'importance' on your first guy, he's more likely to fall for you.
miranda4

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 12:06 pm
@vikorr,
Hahaha Vikkor!

Wooop woooop! I received contact, so all is good. However, am still aware that the chase is important at this point.
BillRM

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 03:46 pm
@miranda4,
Lord am I happy all this wonderful silliness is decades behind me!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2009 06:08 pm
@miranda4,
miranda4 wrote:

Hahaha Vikkor!

Wooop woooop! I received contact, so all is good. However, am still aware that the chase is important at this point.

I am glad to hear that, miranda. Enjoy the ride! Wink
Sglass

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 12:19 am
@CalamityJane,
How do you mean that Jane?
CalamityJane

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 09:08 am
@Sglass,
Haha, you made me laugh, Seaglass. I've been thinking of you and Andrew -
he's disappeared into the Hawaiian sunset eh? Are you two doing all right?
miranda4

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 07:33 am
@CalamityJane,
You know I'm getting really disillusioned with this dating thing. I'm beginning to think I just won't find anyone and I'm destined to be on my own forever. I've picked myself up over my last relationship which was 2 years ago. Turned my life around, yet still get the feeling someone up there is playing silly games.

CalamityJane I'm confused. We arranged to meet up again, he couldn't make it. He asked for another day, we re-arranged. I contacted him by email a few days ago to confirm and give details of where we are meeting (it's out of his town and he needed instructions). No reply, meet up was meant to be today. Just when I start feeling excited...........because I was attracted to this guy. He hasn't logged into the dating site for a while now...........and I know dating sites are like this but we'd chatted on the phone quite a bit etc etc. He was the one doing the asking out?? Thought that was a good sign.
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 09:19 am
@miranda4,
Miranda, I believe that there are a lot of players on these dating sites, which
means they're just interested in a short intermezzo and then move on.

You're an intelligent woman, why not bypass the dating scene for a while and
let things come your way. Get to know yourself better and enjoy being by yourself
and start filling your free time with things you like to do. Love comes
to you when you least expect it. The minute you start looking for someone
and are actively wanting to date, it is a deterrent for men. Somehow they
can smell even the faintest hint of desperation and retreat. It's too much trouble for them.
So get busy, make your life interesting for yourself and you'll see,
guys will find you!

Start by joining clubs (fitness, walking, hiking, bicycle etc.) and generally just
be out there and do your own thing.

The other day when I went to the library with my kid and sat there reading
a magazine, I got hit on by a rather nice looking guy. Well, I am taken already,
but this could have happened to you too. Now get out your library card and start reading ! Wink
miranda4

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 09:34 am
@CalamityJane,
I know what you mean Calamity. My friends tell me exactly the same. I thought this guy seemed more genuine, a well rounded kinda guy. Sometimes you can just sense it. He did say he had important work to finish for today but what irritates me is why can't he let me know. It kind of goes against the dating thing. If he was to contact me again it makes it seem like I'd put up with anything. I have my own life and am not the dreaded needy but good manners should come into play. Nonetheless, I'll move on