I always said he'd either be an actor or a con man....

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 01:13 pm
Mo is going to be in a movie.

Not a big movie but a little movie being made by a local artist/film maker that he is planning on entering in festivals.

Mo will only be working one day so I'm guessing it's okay.

He's SO excited.

mac11

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 01:14 pm
I'm excited too!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 01:14 pm
nice
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 01:16 pm
There goes Mo's normal childhood . . . stage moms are so disgusting . . .
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 01:19 pm
That's true, Setanta. I hate stage moms.

It's something he wanted to try (they advertised for the part in his school newsletter) so what the heck. I never thought he'd get the part.

Thanks mac and dj!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 01:21 pm
Have you gotten him an agent, an attorney and an investment adviser yet?
boomerang

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 01:22 pm
@Setanta,
Nah. But they said if I bought him a striped T-shirt they'd pay me back.
FreeDuck

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 02:19 pm
@boomerang,
Wow. How exciting! Mo must be thrilled.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 02:21 pm
@boomerang,
Stiped t-shirt . . . Holy Eisenhower Era, Batman ! ! !
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 02:23 pm
Makes it sound like Dennis the Menace.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 02:24 pm
http://janusmuseum.org/panabasis/happy.jpg
mismi

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 02:25 pm
@djjd62,
Good for Mo...very exciting. I am sure he will be great!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 03:12 pm
He's very excited.

He's playing the nice brother in a couple of flashbacks so I'm sure it's mostly just glimpses but I think he'll have fun with it.

I checked out the main guy involved and he's made some neat little movies and been involved in some interesting projects so it should be kind of interesting.
jespah

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 05:35 pm
@boomerang,
Oh how wonderful! Smile
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 05:52 pm
@boomerang,
boomer wrote :

Quote:
He's very excited.

and the artist's mom is cool as a cucumber ! Cool

http://englishonline-reverso.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/02/02/cool_as_a_cucumber.jpg
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 06:15 pm
Actually, the artist's mom is kind of conflicted. Like I said, I didn't think he'd get the part; Portland is kind of an actory town (they film gobs of movies here) so I thought they'd go for someone with some experience. They auditioned a lot of kids.

I like him to try new things soooooo...... here we are.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 06:27 pm
@boomerang,
I dunno, as a one off it could be a good thing.
I was in a commercial at eight and a few more at nine (oh, and I forgot the documentary) in a spate of nepotism or cheap maneuvers by the early tv depts in a couple of fairly famous places at the time, RKO Pathe and Foote Cone & Belding. I never thought of myself as much else than embarrassed, absolutely did not consider myself an actress... though I have a life long interest in advertising. I went on to not excel at giving speeches in english class in high school (there was a fire alarm that saved me in one of those.) There were some child actors at my (for a couple of years) Santa Monica grammar school and they led different lives.

I guess I'd push the interest of it, the cameras, the mechanics, the makeup if there is any...
boomerang

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 06:53 pm
@ossobuco,
He's very into cameras and actually quite good with them. If you recall he was wanting a video camera for Christmas so he could make his own movies.

I knew at the audition that they were going to have them ad-lib a scene and I thought it would be cool for him to see how much work goes into getting what you're after. And it was cool for him, he loved it.

The chance of him being "discovered" from such a film is so slim that it passed my sniff test for fun adventure/why not.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 07:16 pm
@boomerang,
There's acting and directing and all the techy stuff, re which I have many acquaintances. The one thing I could have gotten into, even though there were few women at the time, and somewhat regret I didn't, even now, is film editing. Ah well, as land arch was pretty interesting too.

I have some biases against actors, can't help it, after many dinners at my house where I couldn't get a word in edgewise with all the egos... for hours and hours. Those were stage actors. That may have been just that precious batch of folk, in those years. Mac11 has a rounder view than mine, I think.

What am I saying.. the making of movies is complex, and if he gets a clue about it more than just about being onscreen, then I think that's positive.
mac11

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 08:55 pm
@ossobuco,
It's a whole new world for Mo. I hope he loves it.

It's true, osso. I've know some brilliant, giving actors and I've known some petty, self-centered ones too. They're mostly big talkers - so I know what you mean about getting a word in.
0 Replies